ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Just got a New DB-07k need assembly help (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17165)

Merlin 07-27-2016 05:06 PM

Just got a New DB-07k need assembly help (with pic's)

I just got my Bashan Blaze. :ohno:
Anyone know of a link on how to assemble a Bashan Blaze or a Roketa DB-07k?
There are a few parts that I have no idea what there for? Any clues or hints whould help. I am taking lots of pics. Ill post them later tonight. It seems to be in great shape. Do the decals come off easy? Is there some trick to it? Thanks

Ruined94 07-27-2016 07:51 PM

I hear putting acetone on a rag and rubbing the decals works

NM RETIRED GUY 07-27-2016 08:22 PM

New Storm

Way to go Merlin can't wait to see your pics.Who did you end up getting it from? There are lots of video's for the Hawk, i don't think the Storm is that much different. Take your time and i'm sure you will get it running.

Merlin 07-27-2016 10:56 PM

This is a Bashan Blaze or Roketa DB-07k. I bought it from superior power sports. Ive got most of it figured out. The main thing I could really use at this stage is torque setting for things like axle bolts, swing arms motor mounts all that kind of stuff. Is there a link to these kind of specs?

Merlin 07-28-2016 11:51 AM

Pic's

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pic's. The bike came in good shape. Iam impressed with the fit and finish. Ill post more pics of the build as I go. :clap:

Merlin 07-28-2016 11:53 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Few more. More to come.

nonone 07-28-2016 12:43 PM

Brake Fluid works for removing paint and decals whether you want it removed or not.

Azhule 07-28-2016 01:32 PM

Do yourself a favor and buy a proper tool to install the Kick Stand Spring in needed ;)

Will look something similar to this, solid metal T-Handle with a Hook on the end... makes installing the spring a little easier (it will still takes the power of a thousand curse words to install it... but you will bleed from the hands/knuckles a lot less)

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=...pr_too.jpg&f=1

Merlin 07-28-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhule (Post 226427)
Do yourself a favor and buy a proper tool to install the Kick Stand Spring in needed ;)

Will look something similar to this, solid metal T-Handle with a Hook on the end... makes installing the spring a little easier (it will still takes the power of a thousand curse words to install it... but you will bleed from the hands/knuckles a lot less)

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=...pr_too.jpg&f=1

The spring comes installed on this bike. :tup:

Azhule 07-28-2016 01:36 PM

NICE! I have read about a few Bashan's that needed it installed by the customer :)

katoranger 07-28-2016 02:38 PM

That looks like a pretty standard China bike.

culcune 07-29-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhule (Post 226427)
(it will still takes the power of a thousand curse words to install it... but you will bleed from the hands/knuckles a lot less)

This is my favorite quote on Chinariders of ALL time!! :)

Merlin 07-29-2016 03:18 PM

instrument cluster install help

Hi Can anyone tell me how to bolt up a instrument cluster on my Bashan DB-07k? I cant seem to find a way with out having only one bolt holding the key mechanism and the whole thing tilted? Also the instrument cluster bracket blocks the upper fork bolts so I feel Iam missing something? Can it be installed with both bolts through the key mechanism and with out a tilt? Could anyone with one of these bikes (I think it would be the same with a DB-07) take a pic of how you did it and post it in this thread? If needed I can take pic's to show the problem Iam having. Any advise how to do this would help alot. Thanks :hmm:

Merlin 08-03-2016 09:36 AM

First run of bike gear locked in first and would not come out?

Swapped out the fish oil that came with the bike with good oil. Got the bike started. It got stuck in first gear and would not come out? It felt locked in place. I had to turn off the bike to get it out of gear? With the bike off it came right out of gear? Is this common? Also when I rotate the handlebars to the left the rpms go down and when I rotate to the right the rpms go up. I will try to reroute the cable and nylon tie the cable so it wont move. The bike started right up with the choke on. Warmed up in a few min and ran fine with no bogging with the choke off. Ran it until it was fully warmed up then it got stuck in first so I turned it off and will try to fine tune it today. Seems like a very good bike. I will hook up my tachometer and volt meter today. I will try to hook up the tach to + side of the coil and see how that works.

motorcyclelove 08-03-2016 12:04 PM

keep us updated! I'm trying to decide between your bike, the hawk, or the new
BASHAN bike. Did you figure out how to get those decals off?

Merlin 08-03-2016 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorcyclelove (Post 227161)
keep us updated! I'm trying to decide between your bike, the hawk, or the new
BASHAN bike. Did you figure out how to get those decals off?

Never got the decals off.

Merlin 08-08-2016 06:25 PM

Instrument Cluster

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the bikes instrument Cluster and how it stands today. I like the look much better with out the tank plastic but guess I should use it to help cool the engine? The bike runs great right out of the crate up here at 8500 feet. Ive had to do nothing to the carb and it purrs.

Ruined94 08-08-2016 08:51 PM

Do you mind giving a short rundown of what you added to the bike?
Also is your spedo accurate cause I'm thinking of getting one soon?

Merlin 08-08-2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruined94 (Post 227763)
Do you mind giving a short rundown of what you added to the bike?
Also is your speedo accurate cause I'm thinking of getting one soon?

All Ive added is the tach and volt meter. Other then that I adjusted the cables, brakes and changed out the fish oil that came in the bike. I havent checked the speedo with my GPS yet but it reads in MPH not KPH so lets hope its fine. Make sure any bike you get has both the EPA and DOT plates so you have no problem getting it reged for the street.

Weldangrind 08-09-2016 10:58 AM

My Lifan has no tank plastic anymore, and it runs well. I figure that the plastic was acting like a sail, creating wind drag.

Ariel Red Hunter 08-09-2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 227809)
My Lifan has no tank plastic anymore, and it runs well. I figure that the plastic was acting like a sail, creating wind drag.

Did you have to tack going up wind. Sort of like "Sloop de jure"? :p

Weldangrind 08-10-2016 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter (Post 227817)
Did you have to tack going up wind. Sort of like "Sloop de jure"? :p

:hehe:

The truth is that I never rode the bike with the plastic; I removed the tank cover and the fake rad fins right away. Every plastic cover was broken on the bike when I bought it, even though it only had about 150 miles on it. I looked at how the tank cover was shaped to scoop air and concluded that the mighty CG would rather have free-flowing air, as Honda intended.

Ariel Red Hunter 08-10-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 227902)
:hehe:

The truth is that I never rode the bike with the plastic; I removed the tank cover and the fake rad fins right away. Every plastic cover was broken on the bike when I bought it, even though it only had about 150 miles on it. I looked at how the tank cover was shaped to scoop air and concluded that the mighty CG would rather have free-flowing air, as Honda intended.

Yeah, if I talk myself into buying a Hawk, that hokey plastic would be the first thing to go. :zzz:

motorcyclelove 08-21-2016 10:40 AM

Melin, how you liking the bike? What's the comfortable cruising speed?

Merlin 08-21-2016 01:51 PM

The bike came with a loose crown nut (?) so I havent been able to ride it much. Got a wrench yesterday so every thing is now tight. Havent been able to ride here as I only got my MCO and bill of sale yesterday. Have 44 miles on it so far. Hope to get it reged tomorrow. Cant afford to get pulled over. As for now it seems much faster then most, with out trying I got it up to 50 in forth gear. Seemed to have lots of top end left. Trying to keep it below 5000 rpm for brake in is not too easy as this bike just wants to go FAST! I really like this bike. After working on this I feel its the best China bike out there right now other then some of the pricey CSC stuff. I like how this dosent have the rear disk brake cylinder sticking way down just where its likely to get taken out by the first rock it encounters. Or the front brake line right in harms way. I like that this is a full sized bike. I think this is a really well designed bike. 11" of clearance compared to most of the other bikes 8 1/2". We will have to see how I feel after a few more hundred miles?

motorcyclelove 08-21-2016 03:32 PM

Sweet!

bogieboy 08-21-2016 06:55 PM

How much he fuel does that tank hold? I have a db07a and the tank only holds a gallon...

Merlin 08-22-2016 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogieboy (Post 228987)
How much he fuel does that tank hold? I have a db07a and the tank only holds a gallon...

Holds a little over 2 gal.

Merlin 08-26-2016 02:22 PM

Help!

4 Attachment(s)
I just got reged and plated. One day after I took my first real ride and when I got home this is what I found :ohno:
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? My bike is less then one month old so I contacted superiorpowersports.com the place I bought my bike for warranty. So far there after sale service has been nonexistent. Does anyone know where I can buy the brake light, tail light, blinker, license plate holder in my pic? With out it Iam out of luck. Does anyone know what kind of glue would glue this kind of plastic? The epoxy Iam trying to use doesn't seem to be holding.:ohno:

chuck 08-26-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlin (Post 229556)
I just got reged and plated. One day after I took my first real ride and when I got home this is what I found :ohno:
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? My bike is less then one month old so I contacted superiorpowersports.com the place I bought my bike for warranty. So far there after sale service has been nonexistent. Does anyone know where I can buy the brake light, tail light, blinker, license plate holder in my pic? With out it Iam out of luck. Does anyone know what kind of glue would glue this kind of plastic? The epoxy Iam trying to use doesn't seem to be holding.:ohno:

I would say two 1/8 plates,nuts,washer,bolts and epoxy,it's all out of sight.

motorcyclelove 08-26-2016 03:14 PM

It just fell off??

Merlin 08-26-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorcyclelove (Post 229558)
It just fell off??

No I had locktighted everything. The thing just broke. I took it off to try and fix it. It looked fine when I put the plate on?

motorcyclelove 08-26-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlin (Post 229559)
No I had locktighted everything. The thing just broke. I took it off to try and fix it. It looked fine when I put the plate on?

Damn.

Merlin 08-26-2016 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the part I need. Anyone know where I could get it for a better price? $52.50 is kind of high for me right now seeing how my bike is not even one month old. I made a warranty claim but Iam not holding my breath.

http://www.roketapartsdept.com/produ...-7252-390.html

Weldangrind 08-27-2016 12:54 PM

That's the point where I start some simple fabrication and get rid of that assembly, or at least part of it. Please show us a pic of your bike without that assembly, from the rear of the bike. Perhaps there is a simple solution.

Merlin 08-27-2016 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 229649)
That's the point where I start some simple fabrication and get rid of that assembly, or at least part of it. Please show us a pic of your bike without that assembly, from the rear of the bike. Perhaps there is a simple solution.

Ya Iam thinking the same thing. But Iam also thinking Ive rode this bike just a few times and I just want to ride so it might be worth it to pay the price. I managed to clean off the funky epoxy and reglue the fender with some gorilla epoxy made for plastic. Iam going to try to reinforce the fender with more plastic and the epoxy. Here is a pic of the rear of the bike.

Weldangrind 08-27-2016 02:02 PM

It is a matter of time before it breaks again, either at the same spot or near it. For starters, can you find an easy way to mount the taillight without the black lower fender?

pistolclass 08-28-2016 12:42 AM

Hey Merlin were you trying any hokus pokus wheelies and gave it too much trottle?? :)

Foot on the rear brake if you are doing that Evil Kenival stuff. (and a cape too)

Merlin 08-28-2016 12:32 PM

Top of the World

5 Attachment(s)
I did manage to make it to the top of the world before my rear fender broke.
Ive tried to repair it and I think it will hold up at least long enough to get my new one.
If this doesn't fix it it cant be fixed.

motorcyclelove 08-28-2016 06:34 PM

Noice!