ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   CSC Wolf, arriving Fall 2024 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34153)

superjocko 04-26-2024 07:47 PM

CSC Wolf, arriving Fall 2024

https://cscmotorcycles.com/wolf-125/

Looks pretty cool. EFI and all!

Thoughts?

Megadan 04-26-2024 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superjocko (Post 407531)

Thoughts?

Looks like I have a new bike on my wish list! Nice clone of the Honda Trail 125 for half the price. I've been waiting for somebody to import one of these Postie clones for a while.

alex_in_az 04-27-2024 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superjocko (Post 407531)

Thoughts?

looks pretty good, I assume the usual Grom go faster parts will fit?

TominMO 04-27-2024 01:38 PM

I'm in! Camo or red for me.

This is what Lifan should be selling here with their ADV Cub.

Aussie_in_MO 04-27-2024 01:58 PM

Nice! A good friend has a CT125 and loves it. Only thing I can see that the Wolf doesn't have but the CT does is ABS

TominMO 04-27-2024 07:28 PM

To save about $2500 I could struggle along without ABS.

Aussie_in_MO 04-28-2024 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TominMO (Post 407574)
To save about $2500 I could struggle along without ABS.

Same, I've survived riding some pretty sketchy bikes in my time, don't really see a need for ABS on something that light

Fumblecopter 04-28-2024 11:03 AM

Looks pretty cool. Too bad the fees and shipping are another $800.

2LZ 04-28-2024 11:46 AM

Finally a CT clone!....and it should be CA legal for the road, coming from CSC!

TominMO 04-28-2024 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fumblecopter (Post 407597)

So about $2800. The Honda Trail MSRP is $4099, plus maybe $700 for other fees, so $4800. That $2K difference is pretty major, and to me is worth any difference in quality. Upgrading a few parts will be pretty cheap compared to the savings.

TominMO 04-28-2024 05:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyG2XEtex2s

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIvqzDO-ryg

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuiKl0CNe8k

thedakotakid 04-28-2024 06:05 PM

:) Love the Scrambler look!

TominMO 04-28-2024 06:15 PM

Notes:
1. No provision for passenger (fine with me actually); no rear footpegs.
2. Swingarm looks a bit thin, esp. for offroad stuff. Maybe not, but worth looking into.
3. Second video, 6 seconds in, shows the instruments.
4. Zonsen sounds like Zongshen; perhaps a different dialect of Chinese, i.e. not Putonghua (Mandarin).
5. Note that exhaust pipe dips below frame and engine guard. So a little caution is warranted there.

Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/zonsen_motorcycles/

Megadan 04-28-2024 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TominMO (Post 407618)
Notes:
1. No provision for passenger (fine with me actually); no rear footpegs.
2. Swingarm looks a bit thin, esp. for offroad stuff. Maybe not, but worth looking into.

Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/zonsen_motorcycles/

That makes it just like most CT bikes ever made. Even the current Trail 125 comes with a solo seating arrangement. The passenger seat was an optional extra that could replace the cargo rack, or just mounted a cushion to it.

The swing arm is the same size as the Honda too.

Megadan 04-28-2024 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fumblecopter (Post 407597)

That's no different from every other motorcycle ever made. On most bikes you will pay 500 to 1000 extra on top of msrp

Thumper 04-28-2024 09:05 PM

The Cyclone YEMI looks like a nice runabout. It's all over social media and Youtube, but I can't find any vendors. Will this be another cratebike with low price plus shipping fee? That would mean assembly required like most of our bikes, and no dealer support, but at least maybe avoid dealer prep fees!

buzz 04-28-2024 09:07 PM

no way,just buy a hawk.

Thumper 04-28-2024 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzz (Post 407630)
no way,just buy a hawk.

There are some folks that like a low seat height, simple operation, and always stick to city streets commuting or shopping. It is ergonomically comfortable, not built for high performance. Just get there. I'll bet it gets 75+mpg. Personally, I'd get a XPro Storm DLX 150 for the money, but that's just me.

The CT format works perfectly for some folks.

ProDigit 04-28-2024 10:08 PM

no clutch, step through gears? Dealbreaker for me.

TominMO 04-28-2024 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 407633)
There are some folks that like a low seat height, simple operation, and always stick to city streets commuting or shopping. It is ergonomically comfortable, not built for high performance. Just get there. I'll bet it gets 75+mpg. Personally, I'd get a XPro Storm DLX 150 for the money, but that's just me.

The CT format works perfectly for some folks.

On the CSC site they are claiming 125 mpg. It's a 125cc FI, so plausible under good conditions.

superjocko 04-28-2024 11:08 PM

A lot of people used to buy the original Hondas back in the day as camp bikes, or for hunting. I can see a lot of modern day buyers doing the same, plus others who will use it as a city bike plus some light trail riding. If my wife had any inclination toward camping and/or riding a motorcycle (which she doesn’t) I’d already have one ordered.

Megadan 04-29-2024 12:05 AM

The Honda Trail 125 has an average reported economy of 98.37mpg from all Fuelly data. The CSC is probably going to be close to the same. The Honda CT bikes are just an evolution of the original Honda cub. Bigger engines, dual range gear boxes, bigger wheels and longer travel suspension better for unpaved rods, etc. Think of it like an off road sooter for people that think scooters are lame.

Yes, you can get a Hawk or any other dual sport, but they also weigh 100lbs more than the Wolf. As mentioned above, hey make great camping/RV bikes, utility bikes, or hunting bikes. They are light, but also have a great frame to be a cargo hauler.

TominMO 04-29-2024 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 407644)
The Honda Trail 125 has an average reported economy of 98.37mpg from all Fuelly data. Te CSC is probably going to be close to the same. The Honda CT bikes are just an evolution of the original Honda cub. Bigger engines, dual range gear boxes, bigger wheels and longer travel suspension better for unpaved rods, etc. Think of it like an off road scooter for people that think scooters are lame.
Yes, you can get a Hawk or any other dual sport, but they also weigh 100lbs more than the Wolf. As mentioned above, hey make great camping/RV bikes, utility bikes, or hunting bikes. They are light, but also have a great frame to be a cargo hauler.

Claimed mpg is probably at about 40 mph in 4th on pavement, to keep rpm and wind resistance down.
That would be me.
Curb weight listed as 225 lbs, so not all that light. But still.

Bruces 04-29-2024 08:32 AM

What a piece of crap ,it doesn’t even have the $9.99 inverted upgraded super dooper forks .

TominMO 04-29-2024 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruces (Post 407649)
What a piece of crap ,it doesn’t even have the $9.99 inverted upgraded super dooper forks .

I'm sure those were left off for economy reasons, to keep the price down. Along with the rack-mounted laser cannon.

Aussie_in_MO 04-29-2024 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TominMO (Post 407647)
Claimed mpg is probably at about 40 mph in 4th on pavement, to keep rpm and wind resistance down.
That would be me.

Curb weight is 31 lbs lighter than the CT125 (256 lbs). Crazy to think that the CT125 is only 2 lbs lighter than the Templar X

Weresquatch 04-29-2024 03:48 PM

I really like Trails and the clones, I just want a bigger motor. With my 208lbs plus camping gear the Hondas get overwhelmed pretty quickly. I imagine it'll be the same with the clones. Even 200cc and I'd be all in.

Megadan 04-29-2024 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TominMO (Post 407647)

225lbs is about as light as a full size motorcycle gets. The only way to make this bike lighter would be to make the frame out of dry carbon fiber lol. Also, the term "light" was in comparison to a Hawk or similar bike, which weighs over 300lbs

Thumper 04-29-2024 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 407671)
225lbs is about as light as a full size motorcycle gets. ...

Even with ultra light engineering (and including beefy alloy construction/components), 225lbs is the dry weight of my liquid cooled KTM 250SX motocross bike with no fuel (no lights, no horn, no mirrors, no battery, no starter). My Templar is about 30 pounds heavier, not nearly as stiff (not even close), but has lights/battery....not bad really.

Anything less than 275 pounds is pretty darned light for a motorcycle.

Megadan 04-29-2024 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 407675)
Even with ultra light engineering (and including beefy alloy construction/components), 225lbs is the dry weight of my liquid cooled KTM 250SX motocross bike with no fuel (no lights, no horn, no mirrors, no battery, no starter). My Templar is about 30 pounds heavier, not nearly as stiff (not even close), but has lights/battery....not bad really.

Anything less than 275 pounds is pretty darned light for a motorcycle.

That was my point. The Wolf has electricals, lights, battery, etc. I am sure that 225lbs is dry weight, and the Honda weight is actually a new international standard most manufacturers have adopted thanks to European laws. All weights are being listed wet with the tank at 90% capacity. That is the standard my new Royal Enfield is listed at when they state the wet weight at 529lbs.

I am sure if you added all the fluid weight to the Wolf it would weigh within 10lbs of the Trail 125. Still very light bikes.

XLsior 04-29-2024 09:14 PM

Looks like my CT110 projects have new aftermarket part support now...

Probably won't see them in Australia. But i am glad they exist. They come from a time before the term or class of 'dualsports' back then there were scramblers and trail bikes.

If you don't get Honda Cubs then you won't understand the Cub Trail (CT)

But if you ever wanted to get a non motorcycling/biker person interested or engaged in the hobby then the trail cub CT125/Clone is the ultimate do anything motorcycle.

Aussie_in_MO 04-29-2024 10:05 PM

The number of Postie bikes my mates and I bought through Trading Post, thrashed mercilessly through paddocks, and then left for dead when I was growing up is criminal. Same for all the Datsun 120Y's and VK Commodores

XLsior 04-30-2024 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie_in_MO (Post 407688)
The number of Postie bikes my mates and I bought through Trading Post, thrashed mercilessly through paddocks, and then left for dead when I was growing up is criminal. Same for all the Datsun 120Y's and VK Commodores

Good Postie runners are fetching about 2k+ each now...

as for datsuns and vk commadores the dollarydoos are obscene.

But all tradies and hi vis vests are making bank so its no wonder the prices are becoming high end bogan values....

I'm trying to save 2 posties and if our Aussie regulations wern't so tight I'd probably be riding Templars and Wolfs instead of 30 year old XL185s and CT110s on drum brakes...

flopsweat 04-30-2024 10:55 AM

Can you two just keep replying to each other in the deepest Aussie slang you can conjure? I love it.

Ozzy Man interviewed Sam Neill once and asked him to define "fair dinkum", and he replied "That's what a politician says when you know you can't trust them." That's the first time I actually understood what the phrase meant.

TominMO 05-05-2024 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XLsior (Post 407686)
Looks like my CT110 projects have new aftermarket part support now...

Probably won't see them in Australia. But i am glad they exist. They come from a time before the term or class of 'dualsports' back then there were scramblers and trail bikes.

China does a lot of business in Oz, right? You may yet see them there. See what you can find out. Does Zongshen have any presence in Australia?

XLsior 05-05-2024 04:16 PM

Our road registerable regulations nock most of the cheaper china off access to Australian domestic market. Paper work, bureaucracy and fees prevents many companies from even bothering trying to sell bikes here when our per capita population is so low...

Mostly mandatory ABS...Its why we no longer have new DR650s.

plenty of china dirtbikes...hence why I can find 2nd hand engines fairly easily.

Zongshen has a place holder Australian website but i've tried contacting them and got no reply...

There are china bikes here, I could get a new CF Moto or Braaap...

TominMO 05-05-2024 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XLsior (Post 407986)
Our road registerable regulations nock most of the cheaper china off access to Australian domestic market. Paper work, bureaucracy and fees prevents many companies from even bothering trying to sell bikes here when our per capita population is so low...

Zongshen has a place holder Australian website but i've tried contacting them and got no reply...

Too bad, that sux. If anything the Zongshen version of the CT is more advanced than the original Honda, with 12V electrics and EFI