ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   2018 Hawk EFI (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20817)

Meloman 03-20-2018 02:18 PM

2018 Hawk EFI

Just got off the phone with Texas Powersport. They are selling 2017 Hawks now but will get 2018’s in a few months. When I asked about any changes in the new model they said it will have EFI and a digital dash but will be priced higher.

JerryHawk250 03-20-2018 02:34 PM

That's good news. I wonder if they will put a better gear ratio too? Maybe even have EPA approved for highway?

AresROC 03-20-2018 02:50 PM

It would be nice to have... Will they be able to afford the 50% price increase? (Guesstimate?)
Anyone know how much an EFI Conversion Kit could cost.

JerryHawk250 03-20-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AresROC (Post 275277)
It would be nice to have... Will they be able to afford the 50% price increase? (Guesstimate?)

A conversation kit would run about $250 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/micr...ddresstype=600

2LZ 03-20-2018 03:20 PM

As I said in another thread, I'll believe it when I see it. I've been known to be wrong before though.

letsride 03-20-2018 03:39 PM

I smell BA.....BU.....BU.......bu.......>BUULLSHAT!!! :lmao:

culcune 03-20-2018 04:30 PM

Decided to call RPS directly--the guy on the phone confirmed the new bikes will be fuel-injected due to EPA requirements. However, I think this might be the new norm for all bikes in the next few years, to loosely mirror European standards (my own speculation). I asked about liquid cooling, and he stated he 'didn't know.' He did say they won't know anything until August or September. I asked if they will continue selling the carb models, and he didn't think so. A good guy to ask about fuel-injection for all bikes might be CSC's Joe Berk. If it is across the board EPA certification requirements, the TT250 and San Gabriel will have to be fuel-injected in the not-to-distant future.

timcosby 03-20-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AresROC (Post 275277)

im thinking probably a $200 price increase cause they are paying manufacturing wholesale of im assuming$50.

letsride 03-20-2018 08:44 PM

WELL!! I stand corrected! I don't know but CHEAP and Fuel injected I don't think fit in the same sentence! With the falure rate of China bike CDI modules, lets see how good an ECM is! OH BOY! I think I better hurry up and buy a carbed bike.

Megadan 03-20-2018 08:49 PM

Well, I will wait to see what efi system they run, and if it is worth a stink I will add it to my current Hawk.

2LZ 03-21-2018 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 275308)
Well, I will wait to see what efi system they run, and if it is worth a stink I will add it to my current Hawk.

I wish I could trash the EFI on my RX3's and run a carb! Far more tuning options not being locked into a mapping and less "funny habits". It doesn't matter how I change my RX3, it runs the same.
As you know Dan, all you have to do on the CG motor is change the pipe, breather and jetting and it's a whole new bike. I like that flexibility.

Megadan 03-21-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 275331)
I wish I could trash the EFI on my RX3's and run a carb! Far more tuning options not being locked into a mapping and less "funny habits". It doesn't matter how I change my RX3, it runs the same.
As you know Dan, all you have to do on the CG motor is change the pipe, breather and jetting and it's a whole new bike. I like that flexibility.

Oh I do completely. Unless that EFI is just a variation of the system used on the LXR250F and can self learn and adjust its tune. If it is a locket system, which is likely, I won't touch it. I have a feeling we will be seeing carb conversions before too long if that is the case too lol.

rideMI 03-21-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 275355)
Oh I do completely. Unless that EFI is just a variation of the system used on the LXR250F and can self learn and adjust its tune. If it is a locket system, which is likely, I won't touch it. I have a feeling we will be seeing carb conversions before too long if that is the case too lol.

What is a locket system :hmm:

Megadan 03-22-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rideMI (Post 275379)
What is a locket system :hmm:

My fat fingered word for locked.

BlackBike 02-10-2019 01:13 PM

We're coming up on March 2019

Did these ever materialize?

timcosby 02-10-2019 07:14 PM

wonder if the map on the efi will be set to lean like the carbs are for epa????

culcune 02-10-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 300475)
We're coming up on March 2019

Did these ever materialize?

The 'Hawk DLX' was on the 2019 EPA/DOT 'On-highway motorcycle' list when it was updated this month. It is street legal in 49 states (as usual--Californians need not apply!). Guessing they will be on the boat and here in the next few months. Oh, and the regular Hawk and Magician are on the most updated 2019 EPA list as 'Off-road motorcycles' for those seeking one of those.

culcune 02-10-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timcosby (Post 300493)

Good question!

NzBrakelathes 02-11-2019 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 275331)

Your can change to Carb on the RX3
Main loom and few parts and maybe a tank but not needed
I think Hawk should stay carb unless it’s the Jualing that was Delphi EFI and pretty nice but was the 6 speed OHC balanced motor
Carb just easier thi

JerryHawk250 02-11-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timcosby (Post 300493)

Your probably right. I noticed the Lifans EFI (X-Pect) version of the Hawk is rated for 107mpg compared to the 60-65mpg the carb version of the Hawk. But EFI system also keeps the A/F ratio almost perfect though out the entire throttle and rpm ranges which translates to better fuel economy.

timcosby 02-11-2019 06:28 PM

which probably means lean condition. harleys comes from the factory lean too!

pete 02-12-2019 01:22 AM

they battle getting a carb right....
injection.. what could possibly go wrong..
injection on a very budget motor bike made with
budget component's... so why would they use quality
components in the injection... In some ways that would sort of
defeat the propose of the Hawk..

Maybe it will be tuneable with a phone app like the YZFs & WRs..
just enter in your ECU code....build your own map...

chuck 02-12-2019 06:52 AM

Sure

DualSport 02-14-2019 02:33 PM

I heard about the EFI by chance early on.. TX supposedly had them months ago and select people had access..

I wouldn't be surprised if it was an analog computer... If it even has an IC on it you can bet the firmware and PCB have nightmare QA..

culcune 02-14-2019 07:17 PM

Motocheez was/is supposed to get one. There would be EFI Hawks in the US, but those are prototypes. The distributor (RPS) would have them. They can loan them out for reviews and such, but after a certain amount of time (not sure if it is up to when they are EPA certified or denied), the prototypes have to be removed from the country or destroyed. TX would only have them at the whim of RPS.

pete 02-27-2019 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 300726)
Motocheez was/is supposed to get one. There would be EFI Hawks in the US, but those are prototypes. The distributor (RPS) would have them. They can loan them out for reviews and such, but after a certain amount of time (not sure if it is up to when they are EPA certified or denied), the prototypes have to be removed from the country or destroyed. TX would only have them at the whim of RPS.

The problem with testers that get free bikes to test is...
they are full of shit.... if the bike is crap and they say so
how long do you think it will be till there source of free bikes to test dry's up..

They are making sure they get there ass on the
seat of the next new model for free...

Bet he doesn't give a dam if he convinces someone to buy a
piece of crap..