ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dealer & Distributor Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   txpowersports review(positive) (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16685)

w0ss 05-23-2016 07:33 PM

txpowersports review(positive)

Ordered a Hawk 250 late at night and I had a tracking number the next day. It took ~ a week to get the bike to my house. MCO arrived a few days after. I had some electrical issues and they were going to ship me a starter solenoid. After more debugging it was just the blinker module, They shipped me one.

I would rate my experience positively. I know others have said they had issues but I can only speak for what I experianced.

dpl096 05-23-2016 07:46 PM

Glad to hear about the good customer service .....excellent review :tup:

SpudRider 05-23-2016 10:30 PM

Thanks for posting your positive experience with this vendor. :)

tortoise 06-11-2016 11:15 AM

No affiliation . . an Iowa positive review . . TaoTao Powermax 150 scooter.

BlackBike 06-11-2016 03:24 PM

They probably shit their britches after all the bad press here so decided to actually earn their money now.

dpl096 06-11-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 220691)
They probably shit their britches after all the bad press here so decided to actually earn their money now.

I agree. I do think the openness with which dealers and products are reviewed here does in fact weigh into people's purchasing decisions. I know it certainly did mine. Had it not been for forums like these and their members there wouldn't be a trusty white RX3 Steed resting comfortably in my garage right now. So if you're a douchebag dealer you've nothing to complain about with negative reviews here. You earned them - on purpose.

TxPowerSports 07-26-2016 08:02 PM

Thank you so much sir I am glad we could help and do let us know if you anything else we are here to help our customers all the way thank you so much for your business.

TxPowerSports 07-26-2016 08:02 PM

Thank you.

Thank you so much sir I am glad we could help and do let us know if you anything else we are here to help our customers all the way thank you so much for your business.

billanderson19 07-27-2016 07:09 PM

Great bunch of people @ Txpowersports bought a hawk 250 from them received it in a great shape in about 7 days received my mco at the same time I got the bike their customer service was great I needed few parts that I broke they took care of me without even charging me a dime thank you Txpowersports for keeping the good work in Chinese power sports .

troytroy19 07-28-2016 11:36 PM

My positive experience with Tx power sports

I purchased a hawk 250 street legal bike and a bull 150 from Txpowersports.com they were very helpful with my questions that I had. All emails were returned in timely manner. Both item was delivered by 18 wheeler very quickly and damage free. The hawk MCO came in about 1 day after I got the dirt bike they also included the bill of sale which you need to get it register at your local dmv office txps rocks... Awesome customer service it is hard to find this kind of service any where... Thank you guys once again...

Hawk link is here https://www.txpowersports.com/New_ha...bike-250cc.htm

go down on the bottom and see how to assemble the hawk it will help you a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4FNyRv_ALU

Merlin 07-29-2016 10:44 AM

Spam!

Quote:

Originally Posted by billanderson19 (Post 226312)
Great bunch of people @ Txpowersports bought a hawk 250 from them received it in a great shape in about 7 days received my mco at the same time I got the bike their customer service was great I needed few parts that I broke they took care of me without even charging me a dime thank you Txpowersports for keeping the good work in Chinese power sports .

You signup on the same day as TX power sports and only post about them? Tell Manny to give you a raise! Can anyone say SPAM?? Manny is hitting us hard lately. :tdown:

MotoCheez 08-21-2016 08:57 AM

I've personally purchased 5 bikes through TXpowersports. My experience has been positive. the bike arrives in about a week, and the paperwork comes about a week later. They always answer their emails promptly too.

I have heard good and bad about ALL of the dealers from dozens of people through my videos.

clark 05-15-2017 07:07 PM

Reassuring. I just ordered a Magician 250. (Shhh... don't tell my wife :-) )
And the next day... May 16, 2017, a note from TXpowersports "Your order has shipped."
May 17, 2017. UPS phoned to ensure someone would be home mid-day Friday for delivery.
May 19, 2017. I looked out front, and there UPS was... delivering the bike about Noon.

2LZ 05-16-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoCheez (Post 228938)
I've personally purchased 5 bikes through TXpowersports. My experience has been positive. the bike arrives in about a week, and the paperwork comes about a week later. They always answer their emails promptly too.

I have heard good and bad about ALL of the dealers from dozens of people through my videos.

Indeed MotoCheez. I agree that there's good and bad from all mega-warehouse dealers. I've had good experiences with both SPS and PSM. Others have not,...but after the tripe that Azhule went through with TXP, the pile of garbage that he was sent for his hard-earned money, that was supposed to be "brand new, ready to ride, showroom bike", how he was treated, the utter lack of any support, and the complete run-around he got, that's well documented here, TXP (and all "manny-related outfits) have earned the "Top-O-duh-Dung Pile" award.

A small handful of positive reviews, from brand new members, that show up here all-of-a-sudden (minus yours), does not even remotely come close to clearing this well-earned reputation. It's going to take a lot of positive reviews for a long time to repave that path.

2LZ 05-16-2017 10:42 AM

Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Darkrider 05-16-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 255994)
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

new sig quote!

dpl096 05-16-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 255994)

How about the other voices in your head....do they speak for all those folks too :lmao:

I Agree totally...too many horror stories, minus Moto's of course, to be trusted just yet. When you dig a hole that damn deep it takes a long time to climb out and that's exactly what happened to Azhule. TXP worked overtime digging deeper.

RedHawk16 05-16-2017 09:35 PM

TX

2 Attachment(s)
Got my two from TX no major problems with the first one so far. Only things was that there was a missing crush washer under the head of the banjo bolt on the front master brake hose fitting and leaked bad. Found a 10 pack of exact replacements for a Honda. TX sent me a new banjo bolt with the two washers also. I'm sure they're the same as a lot of mopeds also.
And the horn didn't work. Sent that back and waiting for that replacement.
Second bike is still in it's crate but that will have to wait a few more weeks.

BlackBike 05-16-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkrider (Post 256053)
new sig quote!

Yea, I got a chuckle at that one too. Funny how those little room killers just pop out of us all at times :D

clark 05-19-2017 05:11 PM

Magician 250 arrived!

5 Attachment(s)
Unpack and assembled. (About 90 minutes with a neighbor's help.)
Painted! (Sorry Magician folks... I wanted the Army drab green camo look; may use the cycle this Fall while hunting.)
Fueled the cycle... tried to start it... no spark... oh yeah, I need to lift the kick-stand which has a safety over-ride engine cut-off switch.
With kickstand up, the cycle started right up. Adjusted the idle thumb screw up a bit. Runs great!

TXpowersports... good experience so far!

Megadan 05-19-2017 06:25 PM

The green camo paint looks good! I considered doing the same thing to my Hawk when it arrives, but with Monstalina for the same kind of look. Now the question is, Olive Drab or Desert Tan...

Taken it for it's maiden voyage yet?

clark 05-19-2017 08:20 PM

Short maiden voyage, 5 or 6 miles. I gotta say, the teen boys in the neighborhood were looking pretty hard at the camo cycle as I drove by. The way they were craning their necks, you would have thought I was a bucksome young lass (NOT).
Will need to register the cycle before I venture afar.
Monstaliner good idea. Hopefully the camo will help protect some from the UV rays, said to deteriorate the china bike plastic quickly.

Shortlegrider 05-27-2017 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I has a great experience with txpowersports, bike came in about a week and the mco was in my mailbox the next day. Great job txpowersports.

BlackBike 05-27-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clark (Post 256496)
Short maiden voyage, 5 or 6 miles. I gotta say, the teen boys in the neighborhood were looking pretty hard at the camo cycle as I drove by. The way they were craning their necks, you would have thought I was a bucksome young lass (NOT).
Will need to register the cycle before I venture afar.
Monstaliner good idea. Hopefully the camo will help protect some from the UV rays, said to deteriorate the china bike plastic quickly.

They are probably thinking about how to get their hands on it.

There was a bank robbery in the lower texas Rio Grande valley area and He made it up here about 150 miles north where he was apprehended. He had $300 on him. Good thing thieves are not too smart. (Now he will have 20 years to reflect on that bank job)

clark 06-05-2017 08:56 AM

Looks just like mine... before the Army drab paint, and seat painted white (with vinyl paint)

clark 06-05-2017 12:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So I contacted Txpowersports because the knob on my Magician 250 speedometer trip reset was missing? (See pic)
I thought Tx would send a replacement knob?
But they sent a whole new speedometer pkg! (See pic)

Wow! Impressive.

wheelbender6 06-05-2017 08:21 PM

Here is the perfect pitch man for the Magic motorcycle.
Cal is one of my favorite movie characters.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...y9ca5QzhsT_9zg

dpl096 06-05-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clark (Post 258360)
So I contacted Txpowersports because the knob on my Magician 250 speedometer trip reset was missing? (See pic)
I thought Tx would send a replacement knob?
But they sent a whole new speedometer pkg! (See pic)

Wow! Impressive.

Good to hear a positive story.....:thanks:

BlackBike 06-05-2017 10:36 PM

Clark, be gentle with that Speedo install. The bolts can be overtightened and damage the odometer wheels (ask me how I know:hehe:)

dpl096 06-06-2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 258414)
Clark, be gentle with that Speedo install. The bolts can be overtightened and damage the odometer wheels (ask me how I know:hehe:)

Uhhhhhhhhhh :doh: been there done that BB...just a little snugger....DAMN! >:(

SpudRider 06-07-2017 01:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpl096 (Post 258542)
Uhhhhhhhhhh :doh: been there done that BB...just a little snugger....DAMN! >:(

:)

:hehe:

clark 06-12-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the snug bolt heads-up. Me, I have not been "gorilla handed" since I was a teen. (Ask me how I know not to be gorilla handed. Haha)
The whole reason I want the trip reset, is to reset trip each fill-up and keep track of when about time for next fill-up. Almost on the fence changing the whole speedometer out. I was hoping it was just a matter of pushing a knob on the stub. Well, it's a rainy day out... good time to break out the tools.

clark 09-30-2017 07:45 AM

I finally got around to swapping out the Magician 250's Odometer/Speedometer w/ the - new trip reset knob. (I was adjusting the valves - WOW - what a difference!) And when I finished the valve adjustment, I went ahead and replaced the original Odometer with the - missing - trip reset knob. It took maybe 5 minutes to swap out the Odometer panel (and that includes sipping on a soda as I worked. :-) )

Unbelievably, the 1st time I go to refill the fuel tank after installing the new Odometer... think less than 100 miles since new Odometer installed... guess what is missing?!?! You guessed it - that blasted new trip reset knob... MISSING - again!
I replaced the whole Odometer panel just to get the trip reset knob... and now the knob is gone again!

Sigh, I will now be driving the cycle sans knob henceforth.
(Lesson learned, If you have a Magician 250, you may want to check that trip reset knob, ASAP, to see if maybe a bit of Superglue or other adhesive is needed?)

P.S. The reason it took me so long to get around to swapping the Odometer / Speedometer panel, here in SW Florida... it gets into the 90's daily through Sept (and sometimes Oct). The garage seems to get even hotter. And thus, I was trying to put off much motorcycle tinkering waiting for cooler weather.
PPS. The valves were set so tight from the factory, I'm not sure they were even fully closing prior to my adjusting them at about 500 miles.

BlackBike 09-30-2017 05:38 PM

Your just gona have to get one of those cheap digital spedo tacho cause you need the odometer for sure . It less than 30 bucks on ebay.

Yea...we know what kind of soda water your drinking .