ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Chinese Dual Sports Comparison (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18534)

Biker_Andy 03-19-2017 04:26 AM

Chinese Dual Sports Comparison

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone ever compiled a list of the differences between the many Chinese dual sports available? To be more specific the physical & licencing differences between the Brozz, Enforcer, Hawk, Magician, Stallion, Storm & TT250 along with any others bikes I missed. Some things I would like to know are:

Make?
Model?
Cost?
Engine Manufacturer?
Engine Size?
Counter Balanced?
Transmission?
USD Forks?
Wheel Sizes?
Kick-starter?
Electric Start?
Tire Type (knobby, dual or street)?
Brakes?
Adjustable Suspension?
Weight?
Seat Height?
Cargo Rack?
DOT Approved?
EPA Approved?
CARB Approved?

Azhule 03-19-2017 10:58 AM

Added a few things to my list... hope you don't mind

Bashan "WILL" 200
(DB-03-R)

Cost of Bike? ~$1,400
Engine Manufacturer? Lifan (197cc engine / 164FML Lifan)
Transmission? 5 speed Manual
Counter Balanced? Yes
USD Forks? No
Wheel Sizes? 19" Front & 17" rear (90/90-19 & 110/90-17) (1.85x19 & 2.15x17)
Kick-starter? Yes
Electric Start? Yes
Tire Type? 80% Street Biased "Dual Sport" Tires
DOT Approved? Yes
CARB Approved? 49 State
Brakes? Front and Rear Disk Brakes, 2 piston calipers, regular/rubber brake hoses
Weight? Stock bike ~274 pounds / Modified bike ~255 pounds
Seat Height? ~30 inches
Rear Shock? Non-adjustable
Rear Carrier/Cargo Rack? No

Front / Rear Sprocket? 17t / 56t
Carb? "Keihin" PZ30 (not a real Keihin... decent copy... can't find Pilot Jet)
Spark Plug? "NGK" Copper (not a real NGK... not even a good copy)
Instrument Cluster? Analog, in Kilometers (off/slow over 15%), Neutral/Turn/Bright Lights Indicator Lights... No Tachometer, No Fuel Gauge, No Current Gear Indicator
Fuel Tank Size? ~2.1 gallons, no reserve on petcock... just "ON" or "OFF" settings
"Catalytic Converter"? Yes, 2 of them in the Header Pipe... 1 inside the "Egg" that is under the heat shield and 1 just before the Muffler/Mid Pipe

~~~~~~~ Aftermarket Stuff ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trail Tech Vapor? Yes ~$112 installed, Digital, in Miles (dead accurate for almost any rim/wheel size), Tachometer, Ambient Air and Engine Temperature Sensors
Carb? Yes ~$30, "Mikuni" VM26
Exhaust Header? No (due to frame design)
Exhaust Muffler? Yes ~$130, FMF Turbine Core II 1-1/4 inch
Rear Carrier/Cargo Rack? Possible...

Ski_rush 03-19-2017 12:35 PM

Bashan Enforcer

Engine Manufacturer? No idea
Stock Carburetor: Kei Hin (Japan)
Counter Balanced? No
Stock Instrument Cluster? KPH, analog/dial type
USD Forks? No
Wheel Sizes? 21" Front and 18" rear
Stocker Sprocket: 17/46 teeth count (front/rear)
Kick-starter? Yes
Electric Start? Yes, with Remote Start Key Fob
Tire Type? Knobby, mostly Dirt
DOT Approved? Yes
CARB Approved? Yes, 49 State
[/B]Brakes? Front and Rear Disk Brakes, 1 piston caliper, regular/rubber brake hoses
Weight? Stock bike ~274 pounds
Seat Height? 34 inches
Rear Shock? Non-adjustable, mono shock
Rear Carrier/Cargo Rack? No, but it has 4 bolts on rear fender where a rack could/should go
Stock Accessories? Comes with stock "Burrito" Tube.

culcune 03-19-2017 01:00 PM

CARB is California's anal retentive one-state extra runaround that manufacturers have to go through in order to sell bikes in the state of California. The TT250 IS California CARB certified. So is SSR's XF 250. The rest of the 'usual suspects' of enduros are not.

phager76 03-19-2017 01:52 PM

Bashan Blaze

Engine Manufacturer? Not sure, but I believe Lifan
Counter Balanced? Yes
USD Forks? No
Wheel Sizes? 18"/21"
Kick-starter? Yes
Electric Start? Yes
Tire Type? Off Road Biased "Dual Sport" Tires
DOT Approved? Yes
CARB Approved? 49 State
Brakes? Front and Rear Drum, regular/rubber brake hoses
Weight? Not sure, I believe just over 300lbs
Seat Height? ~33 inches
Rear Shock? Non-adjustable Mono shock
Rear Carrier/Cargo Rack? Yes

Hope you don't mind me cribbing the format from you Azhule!

BigWeld 03-19-2017 03:39 PM

I can see this thread becoming a Sticky. Great idea! I'll add some Brozz info unless someone beats me to it. Also, if the previous posters don't mind adding some info, I think it's a good idea to add the stock gear sizes, analog/digital gauge cluster, and which carburetor the bike comes factory equipped with, in each listing. These are areas that most people mod and could be a deciding factor when purchasing a bike.

(Initial cost vs the cost of the mods)

Biker_Andy 03-20-2017 05:09 AM

Once all the raw data is here in one place I was planning on putting it all together in a spreadsheet and then saving it and posting it as a jpeg for easy viewing. I agree that once it is completed it should be a sticky. It will make it a lot easier for people to decide on which bike for what purpose. Thanks for all the help so far!

Ski_rush 03-20-2017 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWeld (Post 247779)
I can see this thread becoming a Sticky. Great idea! I'll add some Brozz info unless someone beats me to it. Also, if the previous posters don't mind adding some info, I think it's a good idea to add the stock gear sizes, analog/digital gauge cluster, and which carburetor the bike comes factory equipped with, in each listing. These are areas that most people mod and could be a deciding factor when purchasing a bike.

(Initial cost vs the cost of the mods)

I updated mine with additional info. Not sure why it's automatically hyperlinking the words Instrument Cluster and sending you to ebay when you click on it. I didn't set that up. Actually, I deleted it and retyped it and it automatically does this.

Rail32 03-20-2017 06:57 AM

O

Hawk 250

Engine Manufacturer?
Counter Balanced? No
USD Forks? NO
Wheel Sizes? 21" Front & 18" Rear
Kick-starter? Yes
Electric Start? Yes
Tire Type? Knobbie
DOT Approved? No
CARB Approved ? No

Merlin 03-20-2017 09:44 AM

The hawk is not CARB or DOT approved just EPA.

2LZ 03-20-2017 11:30 AM

SSR XF250

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/enduro/xf250.php

Engine Manufacturer? QingQi
Counter Balanced? No
Displacement: 249cc OHC
USD Forks? Yes with dampening adjustment.
Wheel Sizes?
18 front 17 rear- dual sport tires (dual sport)
17 front 17 rear- street tires (supermoto)
Kick-starter? Yes
Electric Start? Yes
Tire Type? see above
DOT Approved? Yes
CARB Approved? Yes - 50 state approval
Brakes? Front and Rear disk, braided lines
Weight? 328 lbs
Seat Height? 35 inches
Rear Shock? Gas mono shock
Rear Carrier/Cargo Rack? Yes

Rail32 03-20-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlin (Post 247866)
The hawk is not CARB or DOT approved just EPA.

Noted and changed .
But how can it be lice sensed if not DOT approved , just asking ?

Merlin 03-20-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail32 (Post 247951)
Noted and changed .

That is the problem with the Hawk hit and miss when it comes to getting it plated.

pistolclass 03-20-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail32 (Post 247951)
Noted and changed .

Licensing is up to each state. If your state only requires certain number of street items (lights, blinkers, cup holders.... whatever) then they can plate it. In CT it is hit or miss with the Hawk. That is why i went the VT route. Give VT about $120 and they give you a plate. Then I will transfer it when the plate expires in November. If CT give me trouble I will register it NH where I have some vacation property.

If CT does not want my money I will gladly give it to a state that does.

mjs91882 03-20-2017 11:19 PM

Brozz

RogerWFarrier 03-21-2017 04:50 PM

Here in Florida it took me all of 18 minutes to get my TT 250 licensed and titled. I've never been in and out of the Tag Office so fast. You can also add that the TT has a 300 watt stator and two switched auxiliary power ports as well.

BlackBike 03-21-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 247976)
Licensing is up to each state. If your state only requires certain number of street items (lights, blinkers, cup holders.... whatever) then they can plate it. In CT it is hit or miss with the Hawk. That is why i went the VT route. Give VT about $120 and they give you a plate. Then I will transfer it when the plate expires in November. If CT give me trouble I will register it NH where I have some vacation property.

If CT does not want my money I will gladly give it to a state that does.

You sob, your not playing nice like a good citizen:p

RogerWFarrier 03-22-2017 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 247771)
CARB is California's anal retentive one-state extra runaround that manufacturers have to go through in order to sell bikes in the state of California. The TT250 IS California CARB certified. So is SSR's XF 250. The rest of the 'usual suspects' of enduros are not.

I'm old enough to remember the days of acid rain and smog so thick that you couldn't see the surrounding mountains around the LA basin. I hadn't been in that area in years and was amazed at how much cleaner the air is so all in all I think that CARB has done a great job making it to where you can breath the air again and not having to run inside every time it rains is a plus too.

2LZ 03-22-2017 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerWFarrier (Post 248186)
I'm old enough to remember the days of acid rain and smog so thick that you couldn't see the surrounding mountains around the LA basin. I hadn't been in that area in years and was amazed at how much cleaner the air is so all in all I think that CARB has done a great job making it to where you can breath the air again and not having to run inside every time it rains is a plus too.

Yep, as much as I hate many of the restrictions, the CARB mandates really have cleaned things up. I too remember not being able to see the LA hills and if you could, everything was dead on them. Now, it's very clear on most days.

As tempting as it is seeing the Brozz, Sharks, Hawks, Enforcers and all the bikes here going for dirt cheap, (and being sold and shipped from here!) we get used to having fewer, more expensive choices.....but we're still not as expensive as our friends to the north! ;-)

pistolclass 03-22-2017 09:42 PM

I have a 1971 corvette that I'm fairly certain anyone who is driving behind me is getting brain damage. Cars are very clean nowadays.

BigWeld 03-22-2017 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 248298)
I have a 1971 corvette that I'm fairly certain anyone who is driving behind me is getting brain damage. Cars are very clean nowadays.

LoL!!

BlackBike 03-23-2017 02:29 AM

Quote:

Yep, a freeway full of cars and you will smell the one up ahead. Sure enough, an old Chevy pu rolling up ahead.

hertz9753 03-23-2017 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 248342)
Yep, a freeway full of cars and you will smell the one up ahead. Sure enough, an old Chevy pu rolling up ahead.

You just described my green and white 1972 Chevy pickup with the rotten wood bed. It also had fake wood on the sides like the car from the movie "Vacation".

2LZ 03-23-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Isn't that funny!? We used to not even smell it when we were surrounded by them. Now, I can smell even the cleanest, most efficient burning carbureted rig if it's up ahead.

I'll never forget sitting in the backseat of the car, with the windows up and A/C on "for our own good", because there was a stinky, smoky diesel bus ahead....with my mom smoking a cigarette hot-boxing the whole cab.

pistolclass 03-23-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 248381)
Isn't that funny!? We used to not even smell it when we were surrounded by them. Now, I can smell even the cleanest, most efficient burning carbureted rig if it's up ahead.

I'll never forget sitting in the backseat of the car, with the windows up and A/C on "for our own good", because there was a stinky, smoky diesel bus ahead....with my mom smoking a cigarette hot-boxing the whole cab.

Totally! I remember those days. Did you ever ride in the back of a pickup truck. We did it every Sunday in the summer to ride up to a lake.

All the kids piled in the back of the 71 dodge slant 6 with 3 on the tree. (millennials might need that translated)

2LZ 03-23-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 248450)
Totally! I remember those days. Did you ever ride in the back of a pickup truck. We did it every Sunday in the summer to ride up to a lake.

All the kids piled in the back of the 71 dodge slant 6 with 3 on the tree. (millennials might need that translated)

Oh yah! I even used to haul my buddies out to the lake in the back of my El Camino when I was in high school. Four gals, a couple guys and two ice chests. Life was good!

kirbo7106 03-24-2017 01:01 AM

Somebody had to!

Somebody had to mention the El Camino! I knew this guy that used to sing this song about the El Camino. Here's how it goes:

El Camino, El, El Camino
The front is like a car
The back is like a truck
The front is where you drive
The back is where you...
El Camino, El, El Camino

Almost makes you want to go out and buy one!

hertz9753 03-24-2017 02:09 AM

https://youtu.be/gffPeF7ZRl0

https://youtu.be/5C6NxgHgMVM

https://youtu.be/S5yt0gXLkh0

So many songs about the Camino and most are country. :)

kirbo7106 03-24-2017 02:02 PM

And the winner is....

Ok, I listened to all 3 songs and I think the best song is...the one on top! The one in the middle was ok, but the bottom one scared me a little! :cry:

Biker_Andy 03-24-2017 03:07 PM

I'd take a Subaru Brat over an El Camino anyday

hertz9753 03-24-2017 06:07 PM

I couldn't handle the power of a Subaru Brat. They have been known to throw people off of those backwards seats in the bed.

Biker_Andy 04-05-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hertz9753 (Post 248646)
I couldn't handle the power of a Subaru Brat. They have been known to throw people off of those backwards seats in the bed.

Lol, your sarcasm has not gone unnoticed! I believe the 454 (7.4L) engine in the El Camino might be able to outpower the 1.8L Brat engine. Good luck trying to fit a spare tire under the hood of that 454! Or pulling the Beast out when it gets stuck. I like the Brat because its light and the only utility coup (aka cruck) that you could get in a 4x4. Plus who doesn't want the only vehicle that you can legally drive around with passengers in the bed.

Biker_Andy 04-05-2017 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This thread has gotten a wee bit off track. Here is what I have so far. Red is missing information. Orange is my assumption and needs verification.

Please if anyone can help me fill in the holes, confirm suspicions or add more bikes it would be greatly appreciated!

Still Need Brozz, Magician, Stallion & Storm

goat67 04-05-2017 07:42 PM

Make: Bashan
Model: Brozz
Cost: $1395.00
Engine:
Engine Size: 230cc
Counter Balanced: Yes
Transmission: 5 speed
USD Forks: Yes
Wheel Size: 19" & 17"
Kick Start: Yes
Electric Start: Yes
Tire Type: Dual Sport
Brakes: Front Disc Rear Drum
Adjustable suspension: Front No Rear Yes
Weight: 257 lbs
Seat Height: 34.5
Cargo Rack: Yes
DOT Approved: Yes
EPA Approved: Yes
CARB Approved: No

Fuel Tank 2.4 Gal

How can I determine Engine Manufacture?

david3921 04-05-2017 07:43 PM

Need to add the Magician and gas tank size for all.

mtiberio 04-06-2017 07:03 AM

I believe you could refer to the platform behind the passenger seat on the TT250 as a rack.

chuck 04-06-2017 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker_Andy (Post 250444)
This thread has gotten a wee bit off track. Here is what I have so far. Red is missing information. Orange is my assumption and needs verification.

Please if anyone can help me fill in the holes, confirm suspicions or add more bikes it would be greatly appreciated!

Great job so far

Ariel Red Hunter 04-06-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker_Andy (Post 250444)

Hawk is made by Haosin, they claim they make the engine as well. Hawk definatly has disc brakes front and rear...ARH

chuck 04-06-2017 10:41 AM

Can someone that own the csc tt250 and the enforcer verify the seat height ?

2LZ 04-06-2017 10:56 AM

Correction: TT250 is now 2195.00
TT250 seat height - 34" according to CSC.

SSR XF250 counterbalance shaft - No
SSR XF250 Retail price on their website 3099.00. Can be found for 2799 most any website so take yer pic.