ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   2017 Bashan Enforcer (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19515)

mcwhorter-enforcer 07-12-2017 09:10 PM

2017 Bashan Enforcer

So I am really new to CR forum to start out with.

I actually intended to buy a Honda CRF250L but after talking to my bank I was actually going to need to put down the same amount that the Enforcer cost and have payments for the next 2 years.....screw that.

I was debating the Hawk, the Brozz and the Enforcer but liked the Enforcer best so I ordered it today.Most of all because it seems to be really easy to register and http://www.apscusa.com has great reviews.

There is a huge following for the Hawk and they look almost identical so I have a few questions for the experts.

Here we go:

1.How interchangeable are the parts? I haven't been able to find what carb the Enforcer has, I am assuming something similar to the Hawk. I plan on adding some after market parts and mods. Air box, exhaust, jets......and most of all the digital speedo.

2. Hawk hand guards...can they be used?

3.What are the bikes based off of? I have heard Honda but year and make would be great. May be an easy way to get parts that need little retro fitting like an FMF exhaust.

Anyone else have this bike that has some helpful info?

dpl096 07-12-2017 09:46 PM

Welcome aboard !

2LZ 07-13-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcwhorter-enforcer (Post 261366)
So I am really new to CR forum to start out with.

I actually intended to buy a Honda CRF250L but after talking to my bank I was actually going to need to put down the same amount that the Enforcer cost and have payments for the next 2 years.....screw that.

There is a huge following for the Hawk and they look almost identical so I have a few questions for the experts.

Here we go:

1.How interchangeable are the parts? I haven't been able to find what carb the Enforcer has, I am assuming something similar to the Hawk. I plan on adding some after market parts and mods. Air box, exhaust, jets......and most of all the digital speedo.

2. Hawk hand guards...can they be used?

3.What are the bikes based off of? I have heard Honda but year and make would be great. May be an easy way to get parts that need little retro fitting like an FMF exhaust.

Anyone else have this bike that has some helpful info?

Your first statement is why many of us went with China Bikes. Sticker shock will make the brain do funny things.

1- Most parts on most Hondoids are interchangeable. Brakes, levers, many of the motors, etc.... They're readily available on A,azon, EBay, Tao Bao, etc...

2- You can fit most handguards that fit 7/8" bars.

3- The engines are CG Honda clones, originally 125's. Honda never imported in to the US but most everywhere else. It's a VERY reliable motor. The bike/frame itself is the latest greatest coming out of China. It's the newest generation of their stuff. I'm not sure if it's based off of anything. Someone else can chime in.

xSAVAGEx 07-13-2017 02:21 PM

The Enforcer is a pretty good stock bike. This is what I did to mine.

Ebay exhaust: Just need to work the pipe around the airbox. Mark some points and bend and hammer so that there is a 3/4 inch gap. I used a little heat wrap like MOTOCHEEZ

Carb: The stock jet on the Enforcer is a 105. I upgraded to a 110 and looking to a 115. They just screw in and out. There are tons of threads with links to Amazon and Ebay

Tubes: Highly suggest ordering some heavy duty tubes. The stock tubes are as thin as bicycle tubes and the seems will split.

LED bulbs: Look for replacement bulbs to ease the charging system.

Gearing: The gearing is already upgraded to a smaller rear sprocket.

mcwhorter-enforcer 07-13-2017 03:00 PM

Wow thanks for the fast responses. I am hoping to have the bike by the end of next week. I called the dealer that is listed in Tennessee and he said it takes two to three days to process and a couple days to ship so hopefully those are worst case scenario numbers and come sooner. Looking forward to this bike.

mcwhorter-enforcer 07-13-2017 03:53 PM

So with those questions out of the way...

What fluids should I change before riding? I have heard a lot of people on here say to change the brake fluid, fork fluid, and the oil. Any recommendations on type or brand for all three?

Megadan 07-13-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcwhorter-enforcer (Post 261449)
So with those questions out of the way...

What fluids should I change before riding? I have heard a lot of people on here say to change the brake fluid, fork fluid, and the oil. Any recommendations on type or brand for all three?

Some people will tell you to run it as is, but I am against that thought process. Just because they did it and it was fine doesn't mean it was a good idea. Most of the fluids and oils in these bikes are there for shipping purposes. None of them are expensive or difficult to change to a good known brand fluid.

Brake fluid, DOT 3 or DOT 4. Either will work fine, but most people opt for DOT 4. Both can be found at the parts store.

Forks - there are two mentalities here. Many use ATF, and even OE Manufacturers for the longest time would use ATF and recommend it in their forks.
I suggest a good name brand fork oil. Purpose built fork oil has anti-foaming agents to help keep the fluid stable during operation. Brand wise, there are a lot of good choices. Maxima, Valvoline, Lucas, Pro Honda, PJ1, Yamaha, etc. Personally, I love PJ1 or Pro Honda, but they will all do the job. Depending on your weight and personal preference you can run different weights to tailor how the bike behaves. I run a 15wt oil in mine, and it is usually a good starting point since it sits right in the middle of the scale.

Engine oil - everybody has opinions on what is best, so take your pick. As long as the oil is JASO rated oil for use with wet clutches. I use Shell Rotella T4 15w-40 in both of my bikes. It's a great proven oil, it's affordable, and it can be found damn near everywhere. You can buy a 4 quart jug of it from Wal Mart for about 13 bucks, and a typical CG250 engine takes about 1.5 quarts to get to the middle of the sight glass with the bike vertical, so 2 jugs = 6 oil changes for $26

Also, make sure to set the valve clearances before running the engine. They will come with 0 lash adjustment, and should be set to .003, plus or minus .001. Many people run .003 intake and .004 exhaust, but you can set them both the same.

mcwhorter-enforcer 07-22-2017 03:24 PM

Well, I am still waiting for the Enforcer to arrive. I was hoping www.apscusa.com had time to sort out the issues on their delivery time but I guess they have not. I have heard a lot of complaints lately but I was hoping it was figured out. After multiple phone calls and several estimates I am now being told it will not ship before the end of next week.

I am more patient than my wife....but I am getting my butt chewed because there is $1500 missing from my account and nothing to show for it. Really need the China bike gods to move this along...tired of being told "shoulda bought the Honda" lol.

So much for 2-3 days to process then ship.

culcune 07-22-2017 05:42 PM

Sorry to hear they STILL don't have their act in order!? When Kandi USA was distributing the Bashan Brozz and Shark, I referred several people to my friend Alan from Excalibur Motorsports, but Kandi only ordered a few containers of those bikes, and they ran out; Alan does not deal with the company that distributes the Enforcer and Storm, so those are left to the flaky dealers, unfortunately.

BigWeld 07-25-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 262027)
Sorry to hear they STILL don't have their act in order!? When Kandi USA was distributing the Bashan Brozz and Shark, I referred several people to my friend Alan from Excalibur Motorsports, but Kandi only ordered a few containers of those bikes, and they ran out; Alan does not deal with the company that distributes the Enforcer and Storm, so those are left to the flaky dealers, unfortunately.

Is there a somewhat reputable dealer that has any Storms still in stock? This might sound crazy, but I'm seriously considering another Bashan when money gets better around here....possibly setting up one for 100% street commuter, the other would never see the pavement.

2LZ 07-25-2017 12:54 PM

According to SPS, they have them in stock. Not a bad price either.

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/2...n250db-41h.htm

Wigwam Jones 07-25-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 262242)
According to SPS, they have them in stock. Not a bad price either.

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/2...n250db-41h.htm

They do not seem to have any physical address listed on their website.

And the BBB gives what appears to be this business an "F".

I am also very interested in the Bashan Storm, but I also cannot seem to find a dealer that doesn't have a horrible reputation with places like the Better Business Bureau.

I don't have a reason to bash this business and this is only my opinion based on what I found at the BBB listing for what appears to be this business. No offense intended.

BlackBike 07-25-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wigwam Jones (Post 262243)

I am also very interested in the Bashan Storm, but I also cannot seem to find a dealer that doesn't have a horrible reputation with places like the Better Business Bureau.

I don't have a reason to bash this business and this is only my opinion based on what I found at the BBB listing for what appears to be this business. No offense intended.

From the left coast bay area, pricy on this one but they do answer the telephone. They must know the db08's are a rare bird now.

http://gokartsusa.com/Roketa-DB-08-250-Dirt-Bike.aspx

Bought my bashan from them , took a while just like every body else but they are not shysters and have a reputable business.

BARLOW 07-26-2017 03:30 AM

got my storm from sps, got it in about a week or 10 days ... they even replaced a cracked plastic cover at no cost to me, just asked for pics of the bike ... i did use paypal, and i think that helps a lot ...$1550 shipped ... changed the carb and jets, and the oil (and it only takes 1 quart) when my 2nd low beam blew out (i would replace the headlight) i think it shorted out my alarm and remote start ... other than that, no problems ... also, one kick, no choke cold or hot, with a vm26 clone with 115/40 jets, but is a little rich with stock exhaust and filter

goat67 07-26-2017 07:47 AM

I got my Brozz from Superior Power Sports. It arrived with a broken side cover which they replaced. It arrived fairly quickly I did wait a few extra days for the MCO.
All in all I would buy from them again.

2LZ 07-26-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wigwam Jones (Post 262243)

No offense taken whatsoever. The concern is totally understandable, especially since you're just now getting in to this.

You will find that the vast majority of CB vendors/drop shippers have horrible ratings on BBB. To the best of my knowledge, only CSC has a stellar reputation.

I've purchased from SPS, as did Swampy, and we both were treated correctly. It's really luck of the draw. SPS is in So Cal, as is Powersports Max (very close to each other). Both have bad reps on BBB but also seem to be some of the largest warehouse/shippers.

I'd roll the dice with SPS again just because they were straight with me the first time. Who knows about the second?

Whoever you decide to order from, take their estimated delivery, add a month and be surprised if it arrives sooner.

Merlin 07-26-2017 10:43 AM

Don't do it!!!

I ordered from them and they where ARE the worst. My bike came with missing and busted parts that could get you killed and the only thing I got from SPS was the run around. I tried working it out with them for a year. At there request I sent them pics and even went to the local bike shop (60 miles one way) to prove the defects and it all was just a stall tactic. They never did and never will do anything to help all they do is bold face lie! You have been warned. :tdown:

Wigwam Jones 07-26-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 262302)
No offense taken whatsoever. The concern is totally understandable, especially since you're just now getting in to this.

You will find that the vast majority of CB vendors/drop shippers have horrible ratings on BBB. To the best of my knowledge, only CSC has a stellar reputation.

I've purchased from SPS, as did Swampy, and we both were treated correctly. It's really luck of the draw. SPS is in So Cal, as is Powersports Max (very close to each other). Both have bad reps on BBB but also seem to be some of the largest warehouse/shippers.

I'd roll the dice with SPS again just because they were straight with me the first time. Who knows about the second?

Whoever you decide to order from, take their estimated delivery, add a month and be surprised if it arrives sooner.

I absolutely understand what you are saying. I believe you too. I'm sure that none of these vendors are 100% terrible, no matter what their ratings on BBB.

But as you said, luck of the draw. That, and the buyer's willingness to accept risk.

In the past couple of days, I have seen several horror stories, here and on other sites for other Chinese vendors. For example, the post following yours. I've read lots of stories of people receiving nothing at all. Or a pile of broken stuff. In some cases, I think the people complaining are not the right kind of buyers in the first place. As some have said here, buying these kinds of bikes really requires a person to have a DIY ethic and a willingness to accept that it won't be plug-and-play, nor can you get away without a willingness to turn a wrench or fix something on your own. I read one person being upset because he could not get a replacement chain from the vendor under warranty. Well, chains are sold everywhere. I get that.

However, here's a great one I saw on FB. Seems a guy bought a (certain brand sold in Cleveland) and when he tried to register it, it seems the MCO was a duplicate of another MCO that was already registered in 2013. Oops.

I haven't read the vendor (a US vendor, not a drop-shipper kind of guy) saying they were going to stand good; instead the buyer is left posting pleas for the person with the duplicate MCO to get in touch with him, and he cannot register the bike; not with the usual tricks either, since a duplicate MCO is denied in EVERY state.

That's the kind of thing that makes me take a step back. I am too old to risk my money on that kind of thing. I can turn a wrench. I can do maintenance. I am not going to pour my money into a purchase that I cannot legally do anything with. That's a non-starter for me right there.

The risk, I am pretty sure, is low overall. Lots of happy riders. Lots of people willing to pitch in and help out (such as in this very forum). That's all on the plus side. But one has to consider the risk if one is living on the few remaining earning years of one's life, you know?

FYI, there are a few Hawk and Magician dealers I've found with BBB A+ ratings, and a few with A and B that I'd be pretty comfortable with. I'm currently saving my nickles and trying to make a decision.

I am not recommending these guys because I have no personal knowlege of them, but this is, IMHO, a good BBB rating:

https://www.bbb.org/wisconsin/busine...n-wi-44150271/

http://www.q9powersports.us/

Some of the things I am looking for when I evaluate a dealer are a physical address listed on the website (I am old, but I'm a US Marine veteran and I have no problem showing up in person if need be to settle an issue), a business license (yes, funny thing, if they pay taxes they tend to be more willing to talk and not run away or ignore), and a BBB affiliation on their website (a real one, not a bogus one). I won't send thousands of dollars to a guy with a website and an 800 number but no physical street address.

Wigwam Jones 07-26-2017 02:03 PM

As an on-topic addendum...

One of my issues has been that if you buy the Hawk or the Magician, you're betting you can title and register the bike where you live. I saw a Craigslist ad last night for a guy selling his Hawk in NJ, claimed he absolutely could not register it there and sold as such (it sold right away, FYI).

So if you step up to the Bashan models, it seems you get EPA/DOT approval and don't have to run the risk of perhaps not being able to title, register or (perhaps) insure it.

The problem I was having was that I could not seem to find a dealer of Bashan products that did not have a truly terrible BBB rating. As mentioned above, this matters to me. It may not matter to others, but it does matter to me.

However, I did find a Bashan dealer with a good BBB rating. I'm sure there may be others, but here's one that I found:

https://www.bbb.org/sacramento/busin...o-ca-47040294/

http://www.bobcatsmotorsports.com/category_s/284.htm

Anyway, a good BBB rating doesn't mean you won't have problems, and a bad BBB rating doesn't mean you will have problems. They are just indicators of what others have experienced. One thing to note about BBB ratings is whether or not the seller even bothers to respond to complaints. The BBB gives the seller every opportunity to rebut the complaint or resolve it. Some do. Others just ignore it. Well, that means something to me.

Just some food for thought. I'm glad I found at least one Bashan seller who has a good rating!

2LZ 07-26-2017 03:35 PM

I wouldn't say that any one Hondoid is a "step up" from another Hondoid. All Hondoids share so many parts it's basically redundant. The CSC TT250 has all the cool stuff on it but bottom line is, it's still a Hondoid...albeit one with great service support, warranty and big parts support.

There are things that one may "prefer", like I want one with the balance shaft motor. I've had a few non-balanced shaft CG motors and they buzz noticeably more than the balance shaft motor. Yet....it's just a preference.

All of the new gen CB Hondoids have much better plastics than before, better frames which they all basically share, better general overall welding and construction than Hondoids of just 5 years ago.

IMHO, the only real "step ups" are either an SSR or some of the new Pitster Pro's offered.....and that step up comes at a price.

Whoever you choose from, I hope it all works out for you. I've heard good Q9 reviews on here, if I remember correctly, and Bobcat is right here in Sac but I've found them to be very expensive for a Hondoid and other quads. I have yet to go by. I may wander in someday just to look.

2LZ 07-26-2017 03:42 PM

Also, as you mentioned, the Hawk may not be streetable. That would be my main concern. That's what makes the Enforcer a little more appealing. Same basic bike, no DMV surprises.

Wigwam Jones 07-26-2017 05:23 PM

What I meant by 'step up' was basically what you said. You get a balanced motor, or (going back a bit) an OHV Suzuki motor, USD forks, better/different gearing, instrumentation. As you spend more, you get EPA/DOT to give better reassurance about street legal titles and registration and as you spend more yet, you get local 'real' dealers who offer 'real' warranties. With each new level comes more stuff and more expense. You pay the man and you take your chance. I'm all about cheap, and I've seldom see a clearly case of risk-vs-reward. Yet I have to say that at my age, just going all in on the absolute cheapest model and hoping for the best...that's a tough call.

Jeepers creepers 07-27-2017 07:30 PM

Did get your enforcer yet? I've been waiting since May

mcwhorter-enforcer 07-28-2017 10:48 AM

No I have not received it and I talked to them again on Wednesday. I asked the guy how they can advertise 2-3 days processing yet its been 3 weeks and has not shipped. When asked how they can advertise its in stock but they keep saying the are still waiting on the shipper the guy got pretty nasty and defensive.

He then went on to tell me that there are people that have been waiting 90 plus days! How is that possible if they are "in stock"?

Wigwam Jones 07-28-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcwhorter-enforcer (Post 262434)
No I have not received it and I talked to them again on Wednesday. I asked the guy how they can advertise 2-3 days processing yet its been 3 weeks and has not shipped. When asked how they can advertise its in stock but they keep saying the are still waiting on the shipper the guy got pretty nasty and defensive.

He then went on to tell me that there are people that have been waiting 90 plus days! How is that possible if they are "in stock"?

I suspect that it depends on what the definition of 'in stock' happens to be. It seems to me that most of the people selling these Chinese bikes are buying them from a wholesaler who imports them in huge containers and then they are drop-shipped from various warehouses around the country to the purchasers address.

So let's say I am dealer A. I make a retail distribution deal with wholesaler/importer X, who gives me a list of the bikes he has in containers either on hand or on the way from China on a ship. I list them as 'in stock' on my website, based on what the wholesaler has told me.

Customer Z buys a bike from me, and I place the drop-ship order to my wholesaler/importer. They send the order to the warehouse, which attempts to fulfill it. If the bike ordered is indeed in stock, then they make a deal with a carrier to pick up and deliver. Because they deal with price points, they shop for the best deal possible. It may take awhile for a carrier to become available. Or, the bike might not be in stock after all or it might have been in stock at the time the dealer put the bike on his website, but then it was sold and he didn't get the word, or if he did, he didn't update his website quickly.

Or it could be that the dealer is a guy making a quick buck on a low-margin item, and that he has little or no concern for what happens after he gets paid. He is not planning to be around for decades. He has no retail showroom, no inventory, probably not many employees, if any at all. He's literally a one-man show with a website and a sketchy business plan.

I'm sure there are lots of other reasons. However, in my opinion, if you go into one of these transactions without doing your due diligence and understanding what you're getting into, you're likely to get burned.

Some other person posting that they bought from XYZ dealer and their bike arrived in 3 days and in perfect condition and they got the MSO or other paperwork a couple days after that, and they mistake *anecdotal evidence* for actual proof that this is the typical way the dealer responds. It might be - it might not be. The purchaser has to do their homework.

"Do you have the item in stock" is a valid question, and you'd think it has an easy answer. However, a better question might be "Do you stock the item yourself and is it physically in your possession?" The seller might still lie - can't stop bad people from telling tales - but it pins them down; the can't hedge their words, it's either yes or no.

Best of luck, I hope everything works out well for you.

mcwhorter-enforcer 07-31-2017 10:49 PM

Well, still no notice the Enforcer has been shipped. I was told on Friday that they were going to have them out by the end of the day. This right here is why China bikes cant take hold in the U.S.. Its not a matter of people doing the work, its the fact you cant trust any of these company's to stand by their word.

There are no dealer checks and balances.You pull this at Honda and at least you know you still have options to call.

I am seriously having doubts that I will ever see my $1500 without going to court and even then I am sure I will never see it. Sucks....

Megadan 07-31-2017 11:09 PM

The biggest issue is that many of these sellers dont warehouse the bikes themselves. The cost to do so can be astronomical, and these bikes aren't big enough sellers to warrant doing so. It's a never ending cycle. More would sell if the shippers were more honest and reliable, but they won't sell enough to warrant holding stock because of the reputation.

mcwhorter-enforcer 08-01-2017 03:01 PM

I posted a review yesterday out of frustration...surprisingly I got a tracking number today when I called in. I was actually calling to cancel but figured what the hell I will ask for it again.I updated the review to reflect.

"8-1-17 As promised I am amending this because shockingly I have seen movement. I have received a truck tracking number. I am being told no that they are going to APCS in TN and then shipped out to the customers. I will keep updating and my final review will be when I actually receive it

This was my final post on chinariders.net after 4 weeks of calling and getting the run around. 4-5 months ago...seemed like a great company to buy from. Its a shame it went down this road. Hopefully this will
at least grab their attention. Honesty goes a long way with your customers. Hopefully I can at least still receive the bike but I have pretty mu ch given up on it. If the bike does get shipped before I ask for my refund and it shows up undamaged my review will change some but until then I stand by this 100%.

See below:

Well, still no notice the Enforcer has been shipped. I was told on Friday that they were going to have them out by the end of the day. This right here is why China bikes cant take hold in the U.S.. Its not a matter of people doing the work, its the fact you cant trust any of these company's to stand by their word.

There are no dealer checks and balances.You pull this at Honda and at least you know you still have options to call."

BARLOW 08-03-2017 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goat67 (Post 262293)
I got my Brozz from Superior Power Sports. It arrived with a broken side cover which they replaced. It arrived fairly quickly I did wait a few extra days for the MCO.
All in all I would buy from them again.

right, they do not ship the mco until you have the bike, for safety/theft reasons

Border411 08-04-2017 04:32 PM

So what's the difference between the Storm, the Enforcer, and the Hawk? I can't keep track of the differences!

mcwhorter-enforcer 08-20-2017 04:55 PM

So my Enforcer is scheduled to be here in the morning. Only took around 7 weeks but o well.

Let's talk proper break in for the CG motor. What are the experts recommending?

This is going to be a very slow build. I will be doing exactly what was recommended by you guys previously.

1. Changing all fluids
2. Removing every bolt and nut I can find and adding loc-tite or a lock washer.
3. Adding grease to the swing arm- I could use some direction on this. Anywhere else I should pack in the grease?

I plan on riding it stock through the break in period then replacing the exhaust,air box mod, and jetting.

Ariel Red Hunter 08-20-2017 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcwhorter-enforcer (Post 263858)
So my Enforcer is scheduled to be here in the morning. Only took around 7 weeks but o well.

Let's talk proper break in for the CG motor. What are the experts recommending?

This is going to be a very slow build. I will be doing exactly what was recommended by you guys previously.

1. Changing all fluids
2. Removing every bolt and nut I can find and adding loc-tite or a lock washer.
3. Adding grease to the swing arm- I could use some direction on this. Anywhere else I should pack in the grease?

I plan on riding it stock through the break in period then replacing the exhaust,air box mod, and jetting.

Front and rear axle, and the swing arm bolt or axle. Also gease the stem head bearings...ARH

BigWeld 08-20-2017 06:20 PM

Border, the Bashan Enforcer and the Hawk are VERY close, but imho the Bashan is hands down the better buy. The EPA certification and better carb make the minuscule difference in cost a no brained decision. The Storm (again, my humble opinion) is a step up in a lot of ways. Check out the comparisons the retailers use on their sites, you'll see what I mean.

I'm seriously hoping a 2016 Storm is still available when I get the money, that way I can focus my Brozz as a road only bike and make the Storm my off-road beast ��

mcwhorter-enforcer 08-20-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter (Post 263861)
Front and rear axle, and the swing arm bolt or axle. Also gease the stem head bearings...ARH

So is there a how to video somewhere? I know MOTOCHEEZ has kinda moved on from the hawk but if there is not...maybe he may be interested in making one.

Ariel Red Hunter 08-20-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcwhorter-enforcer (Post 263863)
So is there a how to video somewhere? I know MOTOCHEEZ has kinda moved on from the hawk but if there is not...maybe he may be interested in making one.

I don't know if there is a video, but it really isn't that tuff. Just wet the axles and swing arm bolt in grease (you can be more generous with the swing arm bolt), and slack off the stem head adjusting nut (under the stem head lock nut) until you can see the lower stem head bearings. You can goober up the stem head bearings pretty much, or, in other words, be generous with the grease. You did this with the bike on the center stand. Next, let the machine off of the center stand, and let it rest on the side stand. Now you should be able to put the grease to the upper stem head bearings. Tighten the stem head adjusting nut finger tight and put the bike back up on the center stand. Now tighten the stem head bearing nut until the forks turn with NO resistance, but the forks don't have any play at the stem head. When it is right, tighten up the stem head lock nut while holding the other nut with a wrench so it doesn' tighten or loosen the bearings. Use marine grease. It will keep the water out...ARH

Border411 08-21-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWeld (Post 263862)
Border, the Bashan Enforcer and the Hawk are VERY close, but imho the Bashan is hands down the better buy. The EPA certification and better carb make the minuscule difference in cost a no brained decision. The Storm (again, my humble opinion) is a step up in a lot of ways. Check out the comparisons the retailers use on their sites, you'll see what I mean.

I'm seriously hoping a 2016 Storm is still available when I get the money, that way I can focus my Brozz as a road only bike and make the Storm my off-road beast ��

For me the problem is the Storms seat height is way too low for me (I'm 6'1").

mcwhorter-enforcer 08-21-2017 07:38 PM

Well it came....getting started!!

Merlin 08-22-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcwhorter-enforcer (Post 263916)
Well it came....getting started!!

Where's the pics?

Border411 08-22-2017 03:42 PM

Please take a lot of photos and video if possible! I'm really interested in this model.

Sray1013 08-22-2017 08:48 PM

Bashan Storm 250

1 Attachment(s)
Are any of you familiar with the Bashan Storm 250? :hmm:See photo. The 2017 Bashan Storm 250cc Enduro has the 250cc GY 4-stroke engine and the 5-speed standard transmission. Its' supposedly fully street legal and is also freeway legal. It comes with with electric engine start and also has a remote engine start along with a kick start in case you ever loose your battery power. I personally don't think they look as good as the Hawk, but I get the impression that they are a step up in quality, etc... Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks!