ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Lifan LF200GY-5, wont start (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=2263)

ADAMnQuick300c 02-15-2008 07:26 PM

Lifan LF200GY-5, wont start

I was in the hospital for a month and in bad shape, when I came home recently I realized I left the gas knob in the ON position, so maybe it's flooded?

When I tried to start it, it just kept turning over and would sometimes start for a second then die.

The bike is brand new, just bought it in December and have put about 20 miles on it.

I havent had a bike in years so I forget how to get the bike running if its flooded, or maybe the 30 deg temp has something to do with it??

Battery is still strong though so I'm impressed there.

Someone plz help. Thanks!

-Adam

madmaximum 02-15-2008 07:37 PM

try opening the throttle slightly while it cranks.
leaving the gas on shouldn't flood it, it's probably just hard to start from sitting a while and the cold temps. If it truly is flooded, open the throttle with the choke off and crank it.

Glad you recovered ok from your hospital visit

AZ200cc 02-15-2008 07:48 PM

Probably just dried out from sitting have You tried a little starting fluid to get it going so the fuel will start flowing through the carb.

Savage 02-15-2008 08:54 PM

If you're in cold temps it'll be a bear to start because it's so new and you probably haven't changed the carb C clip.
Make sure you have a fully charged battery. (get a cheap trickle charger if you don't have one) Pull the choke and keep trying.
If it still won't do it, face a hair dryer towards the carb to put the warm air in there.

MATT 02-16-2008 08:59 AM

may be worth your time to move the carb needle. It made a huge difference for me as far as starting goes. mine wouldn't start at all in temps below thirty with the stock needle set up

fatboy250 02-19-2008 08:43 AM

Make sure to pull and HOLD the choke in the up position while you try to start it. This could be the issue.

mrhyak 02-19-2008 09:21 AM

If my bike has been sitting awhile and doesn't want to start I just give it a squirt of starting fluid in through the air filter and it usually kicks right over. If it continues to die, you have other problems such as a dirty carb?

katoranger 02-19-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy250
Make sure to pull and HOLD the choke in the up position while you try to start it. This could be the issue.

I have to do this on the really cold morning. The choke doens't fully operate otherwise.

Also make sure you didn't bump the kill switch on the handlebar. BTDT

Allen

fatboy250 02-19-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger
Also make sure you didn't bump the kill switch on the handlebar. BTDT
Allen

Yep

katoranger 02-19-2008 03:17 PM

I have done it more than once is the really funny thing.

Allen

AZ200cc 02-19-2008 03:22 PM

I did that also, I took out the spark plug and checked all the wires and the coil,...And than looked at the switch and cussed for about ten minutes.