ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Venom X22R 250 performance mods (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=26256)

JerryHawk250 05-08-2020 09:59 PM

Venom X22R 250 performance mods

5 Attachment(s)
I got all my parts in and getting ready to start the disassembling of the bike in the morning. I was going to start tonight but got some bad weather coming through right now. I'll video and document the whole process including the porting of the head. Hopefully I won't have to remove the engine which will make it much quicker. Here's a few picture of the surgery table. Lol

Chrisguga 05-08-2020 10:05 PM

Awesome Jerry! I can’t wait to see your processes and learn from them so I can do my own build in the future!

JerryHawk250 05-08-2020 10:12 PM

I wanted to get started tonight but the sky fell out and wind is blowing . I wasn't getting stranded in my shed for the night. Lol. At least the weather is going to be nice and cool tomorrow. :D

Chrisguga 05-08-2020 10:17 PM

Heck yeah. I like that paper shop manual too. That’s nice to have on hand.

My only purchase tonight was the matching set of Chase Harper saddle bags. I needed just a little more cargo capacity than just the other two bags.

JerryHawk250 05-08-2020 10:20 PM

I printed the manual out today. Lol I'm ready for sure. :tup: be sure to post pics of the saddle bags.

Megadan 05-08-2020 11:46 PM

You let a storm stop you? This was your perfect chance to do a Frankenstein film parody.

JerryHawk250 05-09-2020 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 336597)
You let a storm stop you? This was your perfect chance to do a Frankenstein film parody.

:lmao: It would of been perfect with the lightening popping everywhere. It got pretty rough out there for a while. The neighbors old shed got knocked down to a pile of tin. Save him the trouble of having the tear it down himself. Lol

culcune 05-09-2020 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jerryhawkenstein…(cue Beethoven music and lightning)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 336597)

Biker_Andy 05-09-2020 06:08 PM

Nice, new pistons and cam, are they thinner gaskets too? I understand cam's and potentially increase compression with thin gaskets but how does a different piston make gains? Is it just in the combustion geometry? I'm a noob when it comes to engines.

Megadan 05-09-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker_Andy (Post 336658)
Nice, new pistons and cam, are they thinner gaskets too? I understand cam's and potentially increase compression with thin gaskets but how does a different piston make gains? Is it just in the combustion geometry? I'm a noob when it comes to engines.

High compression forged piston. 11:1 compression and a lighter and stronger piston.

wheelbender6 05-09-2020 06:34 PM

Do you have a template for the porting or do you plan to just raise them a bit?

Biker_Andy 05-09-2020 06:36 PM

Oh so the piston is longer to further increase compression and recessed to prevent hitting all while made of lighter material? The compression rating on a piston is what it would alter the compression too from stock? I always thought it was compression rating the piston will reliably survive.

wheelbender6 05-09-2020 06:39 PM

If you had completed the hop up during a terrible storm, when it started, your engine could have sang:

"I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at the morning driving rain
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas"

JerryHawk250 05-09-2020 06:57 PM

Well I got her done. I did take pictures and video but won't be tonight. I have other things I need to take care of but will get then up as soon as I can. I couldn't remove the head and cylinder with the engine bolted to the frame. I unbolted the engine from the frame and let it sit on the bottom of the frame. I was able to tilt the engine to the side a little and removed the head and cylinder. I wasn't to bad. Better than unhooking all the wires and whatever else and removing the engine. The head was about like my hawk head. Exhaust side was restrictive and intake needed a good bit removed right where the intake bolted. Probably 27- 28 mm hole. I did some port matching on the intake side. Now it's a full 30mm. I used a full thickness stock head gasket so my compression ratio is about 10.5:1. I'll probably do a thin head gasket once the engine is broke in and rings are seated.
I got her all back together and she fired right up. Definitely has a thump to it now. I took it out for a short ride to break in the cam and seat the rings. No WOT runs but you can feel more power on the low end and a good bit more on the mid and upper rpm's.
I did have to go from a 110 main jet to a 120 and will probably have to go to a 125. I didn't get to install my AF gauge so once I install it I'll fine tune it. I'm happy with the results so far. I'm sure it will feel even better once broke in.:D

Chrisguga 05-09-2020 08:04 PM

Wow. Finished it in a day. That’s awesome, Jerry!

You’re making me REALLY want to go ahead and pull the trigger on the rest of my mods.