ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   ATVs (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Rhino’s be here (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21180)

Computek 05-05-2018 11:25 PM

Rhino’s be here

1 Attachment(s)
Got my two Rhino’s in from Txpowersports Friday.
Started putting them together, no surprises so far.
The build date on them is 12/17. The only change seems to be that the bulky tail lamp is now a smaller led unit. Tag says 197cc, haven’t checked that on the engine yet.

Computek 05-06-2018 02:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I found the swing arm wasn’t tight. Trivial matter.

Paul2 05-07-2018 06:43 AM

I have 2, one for me and one for my son, Just new last may, lets see how yours do.
oh ya, triple check the frame bolts..

uphill 05-07-2018 04:49 PM

Yep, second that from Paul, and Loctite blue on everything. Although they seem to be applying something like Locite tape now on the bolts already installed in crate. I got mine in Nov., and they had it applied. So we just put the blue on everything needed for assembly.

Another thing I recommend close inspection on, is the rear brake switch. Look real closely at that puppy for cracks in the plastic housing! Apparently they can break easily, probably during shipping and/or assembly. If it even halfway breaks, you can be blowing fuses and wondering what's going on. Gorilla tape will do in a pinch. Just wrap it up to hold til you get another one if needed.

Computek 05-08-2018 08:40 PM

Mine came with a large number of nylock style nuts. I was rather surprised. I also got a machined aluminum gas cap. The headlights are led (haven’t check how well they work) as is what seems to be a new led tail light. What I found wrong out of the crate is the front seat “u” clip is cracked and I will have to create/reinforce a replacement.
The carburetor has a float issue, started leaking fuel out of the overflow after the second ride. The unit either has a sticky float or it’s not set right as it idles a tad wonky.
Pretty happy with it so far, going to start putting the second Rhino together this weekend. Like Paul I bought two of them!

lilneowhat13 08-12-2018 09:42 PM

Just ordered my rhino 250. Will post when it comes, should be about 5 days or so. Amazon, 1800.00

Paul2 08-13-2018 08:29 AM

Just remember.....Once you get it, relax, get coffee, put the kids in a shed somewhere, the ex in a cement filled barrel, and get a few wrench's and double check the tightness on EVERY bolt including frame ones that are commonly missed.
or not, but please do the ex n cement barrel for me, lol

Al 08-13-2018 10:49 AM

Lol sooooo true!!!

Mudflap 08-13-2018 11:20 AM

Mine had no loose bolts but did have a few other problems. There is a thread about what has gone wrong with the Rhino. If you have the time and knowledge I recommend repacking all wheel bearings while assembling the quad.