Thread: um dtf200 parts
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #4

i have never heard of skyteam, which doesn't mean anything as i never heard of united motors either. but they do look very similar... nearly identical.

i removed entire rear brake assembly and took to a buddies shop as we were gonna sync carbs on my concours anyway. we completely tore it apart and cleaned and put back together and tried bleeding standard way and reverse bled from caliper side forcing fluid up to master cylinder. we got all air out of system but still no pressure. it wont even build enough pressure to trip brake light!

i am guessing the rubber diaphram is bypassing fluid.

the thing seems to run pretty well but carb is kinda finnicky. i wanna ride this thing off road and see how it does. i have a ktm300 that i have plated that i use on dual sport rides.. naturally it is very good on off rd sections but not so good on the rd sections. i gotta believe this thing would be complete opposite but if i could live with it off rd maybe i could use it for these rides.

i dunno, these dual sport rides are pretty rough, if parts are that hard to come by it may not be such a good idea. the dtf200 is a dirt bike but has the certificate of origin and already has all lights n horn so i assume it would be a breeze to get registered. my ktm is a dirt bike as well and i had no issues getting it registered even though i bought used with no paperwork.