View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #8

Ok so I can't thank you guy enough! Sorry for the late reply I have been working day and night on restoring this renegade. Got the parts and got the electrical system working. Though the battery is bad Im gonna have to buy a new one. The motorcycle turns on without battery and riding it feels nice though the engine sounds a little lazy don't know how to describe it. One of my friends says the carburetor needs adjustment. When you go at higher speeds theres no problem though. However at one point my friend accidentally put the positive and negative wires in reverse for the old battery and shorted the system out and the voltage output is now lower. I have no battery to test anything because the original battery was bad to being with. However are dim lights normal without a battery, because my friend says it isn't. He says the voltage regulator and the stator are most likely bad because all the lights are dim. if we try with a power supply straight to the battery terminals everything lights up well the moment we remove it, the lights dim out, but he says that the issue isn't that it doesn't have a battery it's that voltage regulator and the stator. I'm ordering a new voltage regulator/rectified (again) and a stator tonight. in the mean time here are some pics of the restoration. I even got a little time to do a little re chroming and paint and restore the cracked plastics and fenders! Really happy how its coming along here's the pics! I hope I'll be done with the complete restore soon and upload some more pics!
Attached Images