View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 10:30 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to thedoc62
i am starting to believe you have 2 choices when you own this bike (got my preowned one in July, aged 2 years, 4700 kms and maybe missing some regular manteinance procedures), given that you bought it cause you liked its appearance and substance
either you fall in love with it just the way it is and since it's not an expensive/top of the notch quality item...........you just do regular/basic manteinance procedures and enjoy it as it is
or.................you fall into the perverse and potentially endless spiral of tuning/modifying/pumping/customizing/personalizing/experimenting and accept all related issues and expenses
how are all owners in here gonna end up ?
LOL
i am still undecided about this
about the friend looking for more power, seems to me too his top speed is a bit too slow.........my raptor can go faster than that but it starts vibrating like a pneumatic hammer from wheels to handlebar
i'd consider (after a careful check of basic problems) new carb and cone air filter, new exhaust and maybe a new CDI box, together with different ration in front and rear chain sprockets
and if that's not enough yet..............feel free to work on big bore kits together with different cams
at that time, though, you might be as well considering already a different bike