View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 05:08 PM   #2

Hellcat teardown. Pulled all plastics. Inspected all wiring, cable routing, screws, nuts & bolts, chain, etc.

Pulled carb. PZ-25 Keihin clone. Slotted the tamper-proof bowl screws... got me into the jets.
Stock jets: 88 main, 32 pilot.
Drilled out main to 90 (mm). Put one thin washer under the throttle needle (for better midrange).
Also drilled out A/F screw tamper-proof plug and set A/F screw to 1 turn-out.

I read all about replacing the engine mount bolts. That rear one looks like a PITA job. I see my bolts look different from all other bolts on the bike. Clearly show 'MEV 12.9' on the heads. Upgrades? Or wishful thinking? I left them alone for now.

I also pulled the exhaust off. There was a serious booger weld all the way around on the inside of the exhaust header. Talk about a restriction in exhaust flow! I ground this open for better flow.

The one issue I feel was just wrong with the assembly of the bike, was the head stem was way too tight. Made the steering notchy as you turned the handlebars back and forth. Oddly, this was the case on my old 2007 china bike too. So I strung the bike up off the ground and pulled the forks and triple tree and head stem out. Thankfully the bearings and races were fine. So lubed them up good and reinstalled with proper torque this time. Nice and smooth steering now!

Cheers!

Last edited by ripcuda; 05-05-2020 at 06:34 PM.