View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 05:09 PM   #3

Mods:

#1 - Jetted carb (see post above for pic). Opened main jet from 88 to 90 (mm). Shimmed needle with 1 thin washer. Set A/F screw to 1 turns out. Engine runs great, no bog/hesitation/stumbling, starts easy

#2 - Removed fuel tank vapor canister and plugged the port on the intake elbow that sucked from it. Removed all the hoses which freed up a nice spot to relocate the CDI box (so it's not squished under rear lip of the fuel tank).

#3 - Removed booger weld in the exhaust header pipe (see post above for pic). The exhaust pipe is tiny to start with. In the regular pipe, I can fit my whole fat finger in it easily. This welded part was so restrictive, I couldn't get my finger in past the first knuckle! I ground the weld back for less restriction. Gotta be at least a 1/2hp gain right there!

#4 - Rear fender eliminator. I pulled the huge monstrosity of a rear fender off and was amazed by how heavy it was. Took it apart to find some solid metal bracing under the plastic in the tail fender. I pulled the metal bracing out and cut it up... shortening it (and re-welded) just long enough so the stock turn signals would clear the muffler. Paint hides the welder I ain't. Not too shabby!

#5 - (future) knobby tires

Cheers!

Last edited by ripcuda; 05-05-2020 at 06:11 PM.