View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 02:55 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK97 View Post
What jetting is everyone starting out with as a baseline for the vm22?

Both arrive Saturday, and while i know i will have to mess with it, starting off close would be nice.

Also, where is everyone venting the crank case breather with the airbox removed?
Jetting depends on mods, altitude, temp, humidity. So it's hard to throw out a starting point. I'm at sea level and started with a 100 main with stock exhaust in 90+ degree temps. Now I'm at a 110 with a aftermarket exhaust and milder temps. I wouldn't be surprised if I need to change to a 115-120 in the winter. I haven't messed with the pilot and never adjusted the idle air/fuel from the 1.5 turns out starting point. The way it runs now you would think its fuel injected it just runs that good. Needle has always liked to be on the richer side of the clip settings. At least in my situation this thing always seems to respond well to more fuel. It's always a battle against being too lean, never too rich. And the plug shows no signs of being close to fouling. Always nice and tanish brown.

I have a small filter on the end of the crankcase vent hose that is zip tied high up on the frame so I have less chance of oil making a mess. I found the smallest one I could on ebay. Some auto parts stores carry a small one too in there performance parts section that people use.