View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 06:54 PM   #3

I’m going to say that all of these bikes are beginner bikes.

The only difference with the 600 is it goes harder when you twist the throttle more, so don’t twist the throttle more. Until you’re ready.

Otherwise, the more “advanced” bikes will have better handling characteristics at beginner speeds.

The biggest issue will be dropping the bike. The more powerful the bike the heavier, so make sure you keep it centered and don’t let it get away from you at a stoplight or something and tip over.

But... if you have your heart set on buying 2 bikes instead of 1, the smaller one is fine. You’re just learning balance, road textures and conditions, getting comfortable on your first bike. I’d save money and get the final bike now. But the little cheap one is fine too.

None of this makes a real difference.

The only place a smaller bike really matters on road is in the practical part of a motorcycle test. They make you go slower than first gear on a sport bike around some cones in a parking lot, not testing your riding abilities AT ALL. But you can’t mess up. A heavy sport bike is a lot harder to do the test on. My friend used a borrowed scooter. Had it VERY easy compared to me on a sport bike.