View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 12:37 PM   #3

First thing on the list was sorting out the battery. Having to kick start it isn't as graceful in a parking lot while on-lookers are checking you out. But it did the job for testing riding it around.

As is well known around the forum with these bikes, they are shipped with horrendous batteries. So I wasn't surprised when the seller said his battery wont hold a charge. I knew that would be the first thing I'll replace anyways so after some quick research online I bought the Weize YT7B-BS AGM battery for $22 on Amazon. It has plenty of juice for start ups and 6.5aH for running accessories. Having it sealed is also a major plus and I couldn't resist it at $22.

For the future I will upgrade further to a lithium battery. You can't beat that lithium punch in such a smaller and lighter package. But the ones I saw were close to $80-100 and I wasn't pulling that trigger just yet. I figured I'd get a cheaper battery so I could test the wiring and make sure there weren't major drains that killed the first battery, before sinking money into a lithium battery.