View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 01:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCalYen View Post
Hi Everyone!

So I’ve scoured the forum. Tons of great stuff! I used forums to teach myself so much it isn’t even funny…

Haven been able to find a concise answer to the following RE initial jetting of the PE30… please give me your input.

I live in SE Florida… zero elevation… never gets cold…

Where should I start with the jetting? Whatever the consensus is here I am going to start with.

MODS are exhaust and I have the NIBBI pod filter.

Where should I start with the following at zero elevation:

MAIN JET -
PILOT JET -
NEEDLE POSITION -
AIR / FUEL KNOB -
IDLE KNOB -

You help is appreciated. Want to get the carb on tonight.

Thanks,
Jon
Me in southern Louisiana at 15ft elevation, I started with my Nibbi PE30 on my Templar 250 with a 130mm main, 50 pilot, center (3rd click) needle position, and mixture screw 2 full turns out. That was actually my base set to start with, and after trying it out, I ran exceptionally with no issues. I don't have exhaust or airbox mods at all and am not too sure how much change modifications can induce on jetting, but it still worked amazingly for me. I am actually fairly new to it all myself and took in as much knowledge as I could from the forums and youtube videos. One main thing I did accumulate is that it's always better to start off more rich than lean, so a higher baseline is recommended.

Still new to it all myself so this is just my knowledge and experience on it, most of these guys on here definitely know more, but I felt like I should share! Hope you figure it out, brother.