View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 12:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
The only thing I know for sure is that it will be an M12 nut. I don't remember the thread pitch off hand.

My 2 cents here for what it's worth but save your money on the performance carbs until you get into more advanced upgrades. A well tuned factory sized carb is plenty capable of supporting the airflow of most basic bolt ons and even performs well with a ported head. It will also generally stay in tune better and get better fuel mileage if you have it dialed in really well. My first Hawk ran around on a VM26 clone with bolt ons and could touch 70mph with my big butt in the saddle (17/45 sprockets) and would get over 70mpg cruising along at 45-55mph.

If you just have to have the shiny fancy carbs then go for the PE28FL.
Oh Okay, I have a M12 1.75 and it won't fit. Must be a 1.25 or 1.50? I don't understand metric lol I might just remove the front tire and take the bolt into town tomorrow, apparently I should have the nut on the left side anyway, and right now I have the nonexistent nut on the right side.

I also asked X-pro whom I bought it from, we'll see if they reply soon.

What exactly are "advanced upgrades"?
I already ordered a chain and 17/45 sprockets
Planned on ordering the carb/air filter/exhaust all at once soon as I'm comfortable on the bike.