View Single Post
Old 12-16-2022, 12:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
-I have not attempted to adjust the preload on the rear shock, not sure about spanner size, might be the same on the X

- I have not pulled the bulb, but might be different on the X. TexPete has posted details about the headlight bulb(s).

-I have not taken apart front forks, so I don't know what size for shimming the springs

But yes, you can run regular unleaded. I don't hear any detonation on stock ZS172 engines (5 or 6 speed).

Note: Someone found the KKE suspension website. It is in another thread...Your forks and rear shock might be listed. KKE might respond to inquiries about them.

BTW, R&L beat up my 1st Temp X crate. I don't know where the oil came from, but the crate was standing on end in the truck when it arrived at my house! A$$holes.
Thanks, I was getting ahead of myself anyway. Winter is officially here in SE PA and most of this will have to wait until Spring. The headlight works when I wiggle things around so it's just a loose connection somewhere.

I was pretty sure that when the manufacturer stated 91 octane they meant RON not AKI but it doesn't hurt to ask. I filled the tank with 87 and it runs fine. If I have time I'll make some DIYs for various Templar essentials in the Spring. IMO the suspension is way too soft for a 250lb person so pvc spacers in the forks and a lot more preload on the shock are a must for me. I'll also rejet and unplug the idle air screw, change fork oil and possibly stiffer springs.