View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 11:10 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to JCorCA209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
I don’t own that bike and having tried the link I don’t see any pictures of the muffler. There is a bunch of yellow fluid all over various parts of the frame in photos. Gasoline is a hydrocarbon. It makes water and carbon dioxide when combusted so steam or water vapor is normal to see out of vehicle mufflers especially when cold and not fully warmed up. Thick white smoke is not normal and can point to an engine seal or piston rings. The bike has been ridden as per the first post so only you would know if you’ve ridden through any wet areas that may account for the yellow fluid on various frame parts or if they were there out of the crate. And have you been following an engine break in routine or not etc. Take the fluid and rub it between your fingers and smell it, does it smell metallic and tangy like rust. Is it watery or oily. That is not a color of fluid I am familiar with on air cooled engines. What color was the oil when you drained it from the engine. The only thing that comes to mind is oil and condensation or water and rust, or something ridden over while riding. Try cleaning it all off if you can’t immediately pinpoint where it’s coming from and then closely inspect for any new deposits of it to help pinpoint where it might be from.
Ok let me try to answer all questions:

This link coordinates with the pictures/ videos numbered below:
https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/knkgt6kGm930

1. Video - Shows the droplets of water being sprayed out and the location of where it is coming from. There is no smoke here, I apologize for my confusion but I should not have said "fumes" more of a hot metal / oil smell

2 - 5. Picture - oil draining out - I see metal shavings; this is the 2nd oil change if you include the initial oil change upon delivery

6. Picture - Oil color after draining - Dark colored in my opinion for a bike with only 3.9 miles on it.

7. Picture - The level of oil after change was completed. I included this because it started to bubble as if I had too much in there. It was hard to get a good picture but the fill line is only half way after I added .80 liters.
Stupid question: when checking the oil, does it matter if the bike is straight up vs. Slightly angled on the kick stand? Both show different levels so not sure if one is preferred over the other? Since mine only has a kick stand and NO center stand. Both are still under the fill line so maybe I need to account for any reserves in the canister?

8. Video - tried to start up after oil change per your recommendations on the throttle movement. But made a LOUD NOISE for the first time and scared me
Please identify that issue!!

9. Picture - Current Odometer reading at 3.9 miles only.

10. Picture - Changed oil once I saw it bubbly inside casing. I thought it was TOO DARK for being in there for only about an hour? I drained and refilled to .80liters again per the manuals recommended .80-.85 liters. I had the same bubbling issue. Video from #9 is after the second oil change today.

*** Other info ***

Bike has only ran when the sun was out. Cannot maintain idle so I cannot ride it.
I have been unable to attempt the break-in, however the 3.9 miles on it now we're ridden easy for about 2 miles. Then I went Medium I guess for the rest. I did not go hard out of fear. I want to attempt an easy/medium break-in.
Currently has been raining for over a week and condensation has been noticed on the outside of the bike. Being that it is in a garage at all times so far, how can I combat the condensation from the cold weather? If this is part of my issue?

If there is a specific video that would help please let me know what to record and I will do my best to oblige.

Thanks again for the fast responses.
Sorry I would be faster too but the cold and rain here convinces me to stay inside too easily...

Last edited by JCorCA209; 01-02-2023 at 11:57 PM.