Thread: bait and switch
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 07:03 PM   #4

prior to my Cg250 swap i tried to get a replacement cylinder for my original 185/200cc 163fml honda engine from Aliexpress...

Well I never received it even after a customer/seller interaction and the impression the item was shipped but my that time the dispute period was expired...so I have always now made any disputes fully documented...which typically results in a refund or a replacement or both...

The only reason aliexpress is viable is the Chinese 'developing nation' subsidized shipping loophole...which means western tax dollars are paying for the 'free shipping' to your door,

If you ever open a dispute case and offer to return the item...99% of the time they will offer to replace or refund because they will lose money on the return shipping if expected to cover the fees.

Aliexpress customer service is getting better but is also becoming more AI automated...

If a seller starts making shipping delay excuses and or delays...take it as a red flag and document the information the seller provides and start asking for a full refund...If they don't open a ticket ASAP.

Still a bit hit or miss...so basically don't spend what you can't possibly lose.

Sure i've been burned but i've also kept items with partial/full refunds and or replacements...