Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2023, 12:08 AM   #1320

Went for a night ride over to my daughter's to help with a project. Just after sundown when I left. I was wondering if my headlight worked. Then I wondered if it was aimed at the trees. Nope. Anyway after all was done it was full dark for the return trip. Jeezus. Glad my night vision is decent. I have little pocket flashlights brighter than low beam. I think my turns signals are brighter. On actual dark country roads I had to ride with one hand so I could cover the speedometer with the other as the glare from it was overpowering what little light I had on the road.
High beam, ehh. Was aimed too high to help. Not big on using high beam in any case. I lowered the aim after I got back but didn't go back out to test it. Doesn't matter, low beam is too dim no matter where it's aimed.

I remember someone saying they had found a decent replacement bulb but couldn't find exactly which. Someone else recall right off?

Also I seem to having some engine surging at steady throttle cruise. Cutting back actually, like tapping the brake. I guess that means I am NOT done tweaking the carb.