Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2023, 11:30 PM   #1409

You guys helped me order a good replacement headlight so now I can see at night.

But...even though I'm kind of against adding a bunch of bolt-on BS, I had the urge to add a couple of driving lights. Because they had be had cheap and... I don't know. So they came in a couple of weeks ago. I bolted them on using their little brackets and the bolts on the side of the headlight surround. I feel like for actual trail duty I need to fabricate an actual mounting bar. But in the meantime and on road I think they will be OK.I had the urge to simply tie them into the headlight but resisted. Ordered a nice-seeming handlebar switch. It came in last week.

Stole some time this morning and wired them up. Again tempted to make my life simpler with the wiring and again resisted. I went ahead and dug up a Bosch relay and wired them more correctly. They came with just clipped wires. To make them removable I used crimp bullet style connectors on them. A little slack in the wire in case I needed it for later repositioning to a light bar. Relay behind the headlight. I didn't even realize I had ordered a lit switch until I saw it had three wires instead of two. So I wired that up correctly too. Seem alright to me and don't look too out of place.

Aiming is currently just to either side of the headlight beam. Shown with headlight off. My one cheat with the wiring was that I did not wire through the ignition switch. I can turn them on without having the key in it.