Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 12:49 PM   #1410

Yay! Figured out the short.. Was the wire bundle under the rear fender. I had originally electric taped around the existing rubber sheath that enclosed all of the butt connectors and when i was investigating the wrapped bundle looked fine until i decided to remove the electric tape and inspect and thats when i found the burned mess.. I separated all of the touching wires and connected the fuse ends and it lights up the dash and no smoke or hot wires anymore, previously the wires would get hot immediately.. have some 10amp fuses on order but im confident ive resolved the issue and will disconnect and fix all of the connections individually and wrap them. I also took this time to wrap and butt connectors on the bike that could pose a problem later on as well as re-route the throttle cable while the tank was off.. happy times! This should serve as a PSA for anyone else that runs into this issue, to look there first and ensure its connected properly and with no risk of burning together later on...
Attached Images

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X