View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 09:44 PM   #29

The X-Pect is a great bike in my opinion and well worth considering for your daughter. Especially if you can get it for around $1700.00. Lifan warrants their EFI for two years if I remember correctly but warranty service might be up to the Seller which could be an issue getting it fulfilled.

China bikes are a gamble no matter how you cut um. Mostly seems to be metal issues with valves etc. No doubt Lifan quality is a cut above the HAWK, TBR7, etc. I don't know about the Templar as I have never had one.

The X-Pect with 19 inch front and 17 inch rear rides much like a street bike and is therefore very nimble and proficient to ride on the street. In stock configuration it can do the dual sport thing but with the stock tires it is really more of a street bike.

The biggest issue is the odd tire size, which favors a street tire.

I think it the perfect "street trainer bike" as it has low seat height and street manners it is very forgiving.

If your daughter does not like it, then in a couple of years it could be sold with minimal loss in your investment. Once your daughter gets the hang of the clutch in two months, she is going to want to ride on the road and at 16 an eligible age that might be a battle. Once they start riding the "big" bikes every thing is going to accelerate! Good motorcycle training at the beginning is key.