View Single Post
Old 11-19-2023, 11:53 AM   #3

I had a feeling this would be a lesson in pain. I decided to go back to what the carb came with, knowing if anything it would just make things rich. Then, I decided to check the needle and, 'lo and behold, it was at position 4!!! The manual said it is set to position 3, or the middle. I moved it back to where I thought it was supposed to be, 3, and therefore leaned it. I will likely have to move it back. Seems the base setting they shipped the carb with was best, although a bit rich. So here's where I'm at now:

Main Jet: 115
Pilot Jet: 40
Needle: Position 3, or middle

The air mixture is turned almost all the way in, I believe it's 1/2 turn out. Does it make sense that when I move the needle to position 4, or richer, I will likely have to turn the air screw out to lean, and therefore hopefully be within the 1 to 2.5 turns out sweet spot?

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin