View Single Post
Old 11-19-2023, 10:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
On the PE28FL the mixture screw is an idle fuel mixture counterclockwise is richer, clockwise,leaner. I know you're at higher elevation than most of us. I can't remember if your exhaust, and breather us stock, but the 38 pilot would be plenty if you are still running it pretty much stock. I would say about a 110 main,or 105, but I think my Nibbi came with a couple of less common sizes, like a 112.5, or a 108. If you have a 108 it should be pretty good, as well. I get confused when people take about the needle clip position using numbers, but if it doesn't do well with the clip in the middle try moving the clip up towards the blunt end one position. If the bike was doing well with your other carb, then the main jet in it may be the size you need now
Are you sure about the air screw? Is the manual wrong?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1669022780

I decided to try the 108 and it's just a little rich. It will bog if I come off the throttle too aggressively from WOT, but if I roll off the throttle, I'm good. Gonna go with the 105. Then my jetting will be exactly the same as the stock carb.

Yep, running mostly stock. I will be doing the exhaust mod next. My neighbor will be welding it back together.
Attached Images

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin