View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 11:14 AM   #8

Seem the better solution is to use front hitch with carrier.. We only do like 3-4 hrs of travel a day for the most part.. just thinking about the wind resistance, we do like 60-65 mph for the most part when towing, and cooling aspects when pulling some of the long azz hill they got out west.. (5-6% for 7 miles or so like I -17 heading up to Sedona)..

the extended hitches they use on truck campers might work but the need for mods would be expensive I suspect.. I do like the idea on front to see it..

Saw one guy with truck camper with MC on front and he ran a strap from tow eye hook on each side around the bike pulling ti towards the hood to help with bounce.. said that made a world of difference for him.

any idea on how much it effect MPG and cooling? have seen some comments in other forum on taking some of the surrounding around gas tank off for air flow to radiator..

thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
We have a member on here that carried his Hawk across the US with his bike mounted on the front. He felt more comfortable with it on the front so he could see it and not have worry about it falling off the back. He was sleeping in his truck camper and wasn't even pulling anything.