View Single Post
Old 05-10-2024, 10:26 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
The more I talk to my auto body buddy, the more it makes me want to keep and rebuild my 2001 Ranger when the time comes, instead of buying something newer.
I've got a 2002 Ranger 2.3l cylinder with a manual transmission and I also don't know if I could let it go, but it has been quite the problem-child for a vehicle with only 65,000 miles. This is compared to a 2004 BMW Z4 3.0i with a stick shift that I've had almost a decade, going from 62,000 to 125,000 miles and only ever needing simple repairs, and not a single clutch replacement. The Ranger...well it's at least on clutch #3 that I know about, and there's this intermittent cylinder 1 misfire that has not resolved with plugs, wires, coils, or sensors. The BMW, in fairness, was over double the MSRP when it was new, but that Z4 has been the most reliable car I've ever owned.

Back on the topic of the forum and user spike: I really do like forums but this vBulletin software is really showing its age as far as usability is concerned. Would love to see it updated, or converted to XenForo, or something free like MyBB. It majorly sucks having to ever use this forum with a web browser on one's mobile phone. Additionally, the "VigLink vBulletin Plugin v2.0.6" that you can find at the end of the page's source code, well that plugin often changes links without users' knowledge, and sometimes it sends people to a completely different website than the poster actually intended. Would be great for that to go away, at least.