View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Nice work! Remember, you don't have to be a good welder, just a good grinder. When I weld pipe like that, I hide my beads with a flap disc on a 4 1/2" angle grinder. It hides alot of sin.

What was the plug weld for in the cat? Did that hold the cat cylinder inside the tube?

Boy, that cat wasn't restrictive at all... How's the power now? Do you plan to re-jet?
Since I was wrapping it, I didn't smooth the welds.

I think the plug welds were to hold the cat material. After I welded it, I plugged one end, sprayed soapy water on the welds and blew compressed air in the open end. My new welds were sealed, but two of the 3 existing plug welds were leaking and needed a spot of weld.

I'll have to wait until my son rides it for a report on any additional power. My brief post re-assembly spin was my first ride on it.

I suspect I will have to rejet. It is running too lean and needs almost full choke to go to wide open without sputtering. I haven't looked at the carb yet, are there any mixture screws?

While I had it on the lift, I also cranked up the rear shock to get a little more seat height.