View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #1

Zongshen 250GS weak or no spark...

ok, here's where i am:

1. Replaced Starter Solenoid
2. Replaced Battery
3. Replaced Kill Switch
4. Replaced Spark Plug and Wire to ignition coil

I haven't replaced the CDI and I haven't replaced the ignition coil. The engine is turning over just fine it just won't fire. The spark plug shocks me but isn't showing any spark when I touch it to metal.

In your all's opinion which would be the better guess CDI or Ignition Coil? (finding both are proving to be problematic, even the american companies aren't calling/emailing back)

Replacing the kill switch I noticed that there are 3 posts on both the old and the new switch, the way I have it wired at the moment the light in the switch (yes I replaced it with a switch with a light) only illuminates when I'm pressing the starter. The old switch didn't have any indication of what was neutral, + or - the new one just has a "N" on one of the posts, should this matter as long as one is on the "N"?

thank you all in advance for any help you might be able to offer,...also I am fantasizing launching this bike through the front window of the place I bought it from any good ideas on how to accomplish this without a catapult? jk, thanks

B