View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 07:40 PM   #9

I finally got all of my cabling bits together. I've also downloaded HUD ECU Hacker ver. 3.1. I got HUD ECU Hacker communicating with the Hawk DLS with no problem. I was curious about the temperature sensors in the system. My garage temperature at the time was 10 degC (50 degF). The bike had been sitting for 2 days without starting. Using Gimpster's dashboard parameter file (thank-you Gimpster, this made viewing the parameters a lot easier) I got the following temperatures: Head temperature 10.8 degC (51 degF), MAP temperature (intake) 7.1 degC (44.8 degF), and Ex Temperature (whatever that is) of 8.1 degC (46.6 degF).

The head temperature at garage temperature is pretty close - that doesn't necessarily mean that the head temperature is correct when the engine heats up. The intake temperature at garage temperature indicates about 6 degF low. I would think that this would cause the ECU to make the mixture richer when the engine is cold. The engine still runs pretty rough when cold (takes a real long time to get warm and smooth out, sort of). My sparkplug is looking quite white. Even after getting hot, I still get a hesitation when cracking the throttle, on a couple of occasions has stalled the engine, and the idle "hunts" a bit.

Anyway, this is interesting to me, since I have no experience with fuel injection systems, and I intend to read up more.

One other thing. When I connect with HUD I usually get the error code 'P0650, Fault Lamp (MIL) Malfunction'. I have never seen a fault lamp (check engine light) on my instrument cluster. I'm wondering if it just isn't there, in the instrument cluster, or if there really is a problem that I need to look in to.