View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 02:12 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithtra
Finally got the new CDI for my bike, popped it in and it started right up! Thanks for all the help everyone, honestly probably wouldn't have figured it out alone. Is there a reason the CDI goes bad? can I do something different to avoid problems from it again?
I'm glad you got your problem fixed, Keith! The CDI unit can fail on any motorcycle; I don't know anything you can do to prevent a future CDI failure for your Zongshen 200GY-2. I'm glad the Zongshen CDI unit costs one-quarter, or one-third the price of a Yamaha, TW200 CDI unit.

I strongly encourage you to purchase a spare CDI unit for your Zong. The spare CDI unit greatly facilitates troubleshooting the electrical system. Also, if your CDI unit fails again in the future, you can plug in your spare CDI unit, and go riding! Incidentally, the replacement CDI unit on my Zong is still working great with almost 40,000 miles on my bike's odometer.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894