View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 06:14 AM   #1

Zongsehn ZS125 GG Buying advice

Dear China Riders,
I want to get into offroad riding on the (very) Cheap and I found a few Zongsehn ZS125 GG’s in Austria each is a bit special. A bit of info on myself I am 16 years old and restricted to an A1 license. Yesterday I found myself in the woods with my KTM duke 125 and it wasn’t a lot of fun to take my street buyest motorcycle offroad later that day I borrowed a Beta 125 from a buddy, and it was so much fun riding in the woods that I now want to try off-roading. I will not sell my Duke this would be a secondary bike. My budget is very limited because I have to save up for my A2 bike, So I have to keep it around the 500 Euro mark.

This is the first and my favorite candidate.
https://www.willhaben.at/iad/gebrauc...uro-566667974/

The description says:
//Starts easily
Only kickstart
Battery replaced with a capacitor
Brake lines new
Brake fluid new
Blinkers new
Ignition coil/ignition cable new
Flasher relay new
Pastry bridge present (original)
Odometer reading shows 60 km.... of course that's not true.... the speedometer cable was defective when I bought it.
actually everything done, pickerl (yearly inspection) possible for an extra charge (he told me 150euro witch I won’t pay bc its only 50 euro and rest is “transport”)
Prepared it for me... but it's too weak for me
Tires old but good... not cracked

fixed price (just no I will be lowballing I decide to buy it)
No Guarantee or Warranty (of course it’s used)
//

A lot has been done to this bike but I like it ppl on discord serves have told me that the reliability will be crap. I will not drive too far away from base bc I live near an endless amount of mountains to climb and even if I have free roadside assistance everywhere (Öamtc Schutzbrief). He also told me that the parts to back build the battery into it are still around. It's also a rescue bike and he is just the second owner it was standing in a garage for some time.

This is the second candidate.
https://www.willhaben.at/iad/gebrauc...uro-570337388/

had Pickerl (yearly inspection) for last 4 years but not anymore which makes it seems like somethings wrong its also out of budget so I would have to bargain more than I am comfortable

This is the third candidate.
https://www.willhaben.at/iad/gebrauc...rad-563011098/

description just says good condition
and it’s out of budget

My concerns are parts availability for a bike that’s nearly as old as me. Obviously, reliability is also an unknown. Its just that I am uncertain if an 500 euro bike gets me 500 euro of fun. I also want to learn more about bikes so the occasional breakdown is more or less welcome and not to bad bc I would still have my second bike.

I am happy to receive any input on my complicated matter and if someone wants to se me on my duke 125 in the woods I am happy to share the video.

Last edited by Jakob; 05-27-2022 at 08:21 AM.