View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I didn't realize the UM dirt bikes had a wire coming from inside the engine which provides the signal when the gearbox is in neutral.
Spudrider, I'm new to chinese bikes so the UM/Skyteam link is a bit of a puzzle to me.

My Skyteam dirt bike (GT200 or ST200) has a Loncin overhead cam engine. I was lucky enough to find an operators manual for the street version of this bike. Fortunately it had a wiring diagram. My overall wiring is much simpler but the basic parts of the loom are common including the 7 wires from the crankcase, one of which I tapped into. 'Skyteam' was/is a name used in Australia and Canada and a few other countries.

The UM situation is somewhat confusing. I have a parts catalogue for the 2006 UM bikes (SMF, DTF and DSF 200) but they clearly show they are pushrod engines (with a neutral sensor in the crankcase by the way). They must have changed to OHC engines later on because Skyteam Canada is still in business and says their OHC parts are interchangeable with UM parts.

Skyteam is still making bikes in China but UM seems to be gone. Were they just Skyteam bikes rebranded for a US outlet called UM?

Skyteam GT200. Honda '84 CT125 Ag bike.

Last edited by alchemysa; 08-31-2013 at 07:31 PM.