View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 11:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak View Post
Hopefully that's the fix! I just tried to adjust it (what a MISSION!!!!).

It wasn't as easy as just turning the nuts in both end to adjust it. I had to remove the bolt and nut with the spacer on top of the rod. Only then you can turn the top piece of the rod to adjust longer or shorter. First I guess I turned it too much so when I assembled it and started up, it would go forward and neutral but not reverse

I then had to disassemble 2 more times, shortening back the rod until I got it just right where it can click in forward and reverse gears

I couldn't really test it out because it's 11pm and don't want to disturb the neighbors, but the little I tried in the garage seems like it's working. Will test further tomorrow! Thank you!
Happy I could help.

Those things are a pain. They're not designed to break the nuts loose and adjust like a turn buckle or tie rod. You have to remove one end or the other. I'm surprised it doesn't have enough play in the shifter to allow a quick adjust. Seems the newer stuff may require fine tuning like a high-end machine. I'm happy you have made progress. Good luck with the trial run.