View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 10:32 PM   #7

Hey Guys @ Gals , been doing lots a research with your help , I got a good easy detailed pic of the wiring , WeldanGrind , thanks I ordered up that front sprocket from knarlyParts here in town ,a 14 tooth will be here Thursday for me , 14 X 49 will give me a 3.5 to 1 ratio on the sprockets ,its gonna be low ,stock dirtbikes is around 2.92 to 1 , not expecting more than about 45 Mph but should get there fast ,will be great for the trails and hills , mayby even pull a custom BeEr trailer behind me lol .
I`ve been messing with motor mounts for 2 days now ,the Xr350 mounts are way to low for the engine to sit right , just above the bottom mount the back casing of the motor would hit the swingarm and the cylinder head was up against the front down tube , so I made 2 new lower mounts that lifted the engine 2"`s and forward 1" , this worked good as the engine sits nice in the frame , lift was also necessary to line up the sprocket with the swingarm pivoting point ,the exhaust has lots of clearance as well the dipstick tube.
I need to make up the front downtube and top cylinder head mounts next , the Xr had twin carbs originally and I took the filter out and am going to make a battery box out of it .
Pic 1 shows the mount I put in
Pic 2 shows the sprocket swingarm alignment
Pic 3 shows the exhaust fitment
Pic 4 shows the bike up against my V8 S10 toy .
Will put up more pics and info as I go ..

Last edited by rvbilly; 08-01-2013 at 02:43 AM.