View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 11:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc62 View Post
When I need parts I get them from a spanish site (Motorrecambio.es), they usually ship fast and not expensive, but when I can use european parts I usually prefer them to the original chinese ones
The Hornet used rear mono (60 euros expense) works just fine either in solo or couple ride, maybe even too good and it makes the front suspensions feel poorer than they really are
I wouldn't go back to the original rear suspension though, a real piece of junk costing around 130 euros............no way
However, I am sick of hearing that "CLUNK" noise everytime I hit a bump or a hole and i fear it also causes the frequent damage to front lamps
I got a aftermarket odometer whose inner light went off almost immediately and every now and then i have to check the cable connections between it and front wheel cause they tend to unscrew..........vibrations can bring any kind of trouble
it would be nice to find some aftermarket front suspensions from some chinese pitbike and adapt them............maybe i'll start searching around
Well, what you describe sure sounds like you seized a piston. This is often caused by too lean a main jet, or lubricant failure. It is not any hotter in Italy than it is in Texas, for example, so I don't think high ambient temperature is the problem. This is the first time I've heard of this problem on a China bike. Changing out a damaged piston is NOT a big deal. Usually all of the damage is to the piston. A new piston with new rings will require a break-in all over again. I would had the mechanic change the oil and clean the strainer and the centrifical oil filter, before I ran that engine again. Very likely there are metal particles in the oil. On the front fork issue, the original oil that came with the bike is more of an anti-rust oil than a fork oil. I would change it to automatic transmission oil. Try GM Dexron ATF. If it's better, but still not stiff enough, try Ford Mercon. That super heavy rear suspension unit in the rear is overloading the front forks.