View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 03:19 AM   #10

Doc, as far you told us, you did a lot of modifications to your V-Raptor.

Including removal of the catalyzer, work on the carb, exchange of airfilter for more airflow.

Probably the Mixture got very lean, especially on high revs and/or high engine load.(as already mentioned by others.) Lean air/gasoline mixtures burn hotter significantly, causing these kind of damage.

e.g. modifications on mine... add up to, setting the jet-needle one step higher and getting the idle (mixture) screw half a turn richer.
Also i exchanged the rubber seal of the carb´s slider cap with sealing cardboard.

All measueres meant to reduce the motors working temperature and increase reliability. Indeed, the Motor can be run at "full ahead", all day long. (...even at ambient temperatures around 30°C.) Setting works finest at altitudes from zero to a 1000 meters. Carb has original jets.

This kind of tuning is not for speed and power. if i want to speed up a bit on a bike....i ride one better suited than the V-Raptor. (Wich i see rather as a moderate motorhiking thingy or a toy, in the best sense of the word .)

regards

Juergen

Liberte Egalite Fraternite !

Last edited by Panic-Pete; 01-08-2017 at 03:43 AM.