View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 04:38 AM   #11

Back on topic.

I finally found the pics on how to get to and clean the oil centrifuge.

Lets start.

Drive the Bike up to Engines working temperature.

Loosen up the clutch-side engine-cover-screws (crosswise from outer to inner screws )
don´t remove or touch the cover yet.
Point is, that with loosened screws, the cover is cooling faster than the rest of the engine.
Let the engine cool down. This way the cover-seal will divide from the cover more easy, probably without any damage and can be used again. If the seal remains intact, don´t clean the sealing planes and seal. Let them just be like the are. If you want you can perform an oilchange now. (with engine still warm and all...)

Remove right side footrest and rear brake switch. Remove kickstart-lever
Remove clutch-cable from its engine-lever. (to create more space for these works, remove the exhausts downpipe)

After the Motor has cooled down, take off cover screws and loosen the enginecover with a rubberhammer.
Take off the Cover and screw off the centrifuge cover.

Clean out with break-cleaner or gasoline, using a Brush.

I know, its not the right way in an environment protective way. So feel free to add your ideas.

At reassembling think of tightening the engine-cover-scews crosswise inner screws first,working in 2-3 steps to the outer ones.

If using the old (intact) seal just leave surfaces as they are (exept if there is Sand or dirtparticles on the seal or surfaces in conjunction.)

With or without new seal, if surfaces are plane and in order, don´t use a sealing compound. let the surfaces be oil-wet.

I clean the centrifuge every 10000 Km.

regards

Juergen

Liberte Egalite Fraternite !

Last edited by Panic-Pete; 01-08-2017 at 02:39 AM.