View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 09:02 PM   #12

good info, panic-pete, thanks from queensland! as my sig shows, i put a similar engine into the old XL and had similar issues (clutch) - sure doc62 is running lean round naples, what s your jet combo? - you could also have an air leak round the carbie?

i run 22.5 pilot and 110 main - due to low sprocket ratio (13/46 from memory) practical top speed round 90, but very good acceleration...plus the bike vibrates too much at high speed...i guess setting those motors up for top speed is useless unless you change the sprocket ratio coz you live in a flat area and need to commute long stretches of sealed road.

only other thing, if you live in a warm country, like here in queensland or naples during the warm three quarters of the year, you might help your clutch by using a monograde SAE 40 oil, with 250ml of SAE 10-40 mixed in. i find that it reduces the tendency of the clutch to chatter.
i have limited tolerance for chatter, let alone clutch chatter!