View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to thedoc62
tales of the expected.............

thanx everyone out there for your precious advices and expert mechanical considerations but, as things can only get worse when they start going bad, my Raptor is again at my mechanic shop..............I haven't used it for over a month due to the crazy cold weather from late december on, and after a afternoon ride at very low speed (was afraid to pinch piston again) I felt as if something had fallen away from the bike and hit my leg............pulled aside and looked along the way with no success.............gave a look at the bike from any side and everything seemed normal..........started engine and realized that starting lever was MOVING by itself as soon as the bike started going, as if a ghost was kickstarting it at the same time
had no other chance to slowly ride to my mechanic and as soon as I arrived there things got worse and needed to sadly leave it
he phoned me a couple of hours ago telling me "no use in opening and changing parts, get a new or used whole engine"
BIG questions:
- do I really need a complete new or used engine ?
- will I EVER be able to get one from China or Europe in short times ?
- wouldn't be better/cheaper to open and check ?
- what should I expect to be broken ?
- while I was walking away to get a bus I passed by the mechanic showroom (yes, he is also a seller) and a brand new SWM SM500R was blinking me.........."hey I am a 2016 model on offer, no ABS and euro3 exhaust specification but do you really care ? c'mon big boy bring me home at just 4900 euros, we'll have BIG FUN together !"...........maybe my mechanic's advice is a bit biased...............