Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2024, 02:02 PM   #1771

Something a little different about the Nibbi. THe height of it? I don't know. I pulled the throttle cable about three times before I finally moved it entirely to the right side of the frame.
Much better behaved this morning. Came off the enrichener and self-idled within a minute or so. No more weird throttle action from the cable. But...I ran over a mile before my first stop sign. When I got to it it died. Just flat cut off, not like a fuel issue. Fired back up instantly. Curious. Maybe I will jack the idle up a little bit. If it weren't for the dying thing I'd say it's running better than it has since I bought it so I am not regretting my Nibbi purchase.
Took it to lunch just now and it was perfectly behaved.

Old 06-14-2024, 02:35 PM   #1772

I recently completely rebuilt the wiring/cabling on my 5speed X. I had to take off the enrichment post on the carb, which started to stick while I was working on it. I sprayed it with silicon lube and reinstalled.

I put a flat bracket with ~1" on the top headlight mount to make room there
I ended up routing the throttle cable over the top of the first main stay on the right, instead of in front of/below it. This seemed way less "bent". I guess I was originally worried about a gas tank pinch, but it is held off, no problem. I did replace the Coil/spark plug wire, with a black Nibbi "racing" coil. No observable difference in my scores in the race heats

On the new Nibbi carb. If the carb behaves perfectly, then does weird stuff, I wonder about fuel supply issues (filter, float). I am glad the OEM "YouAll" is still performing nominally on my x. I think I am a bit rich on the pilot jet, but the thing doesn't stumble anywhere, at all.

Meantime...Increasing the idle can prevent stalls when the carb is not exactly right.

Old 06-14-2024, 06:01 PM   #1773

It's possible I already knew that last bit.