Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #33

Ready for a new project, which I suspect wont lead to much.
Current bike runs a pz27 carburetor, and idle is rock solid. Top speed, I wished I had a little more; but I already maximized intake and exhaust.

I know the pz27 is made for the 150, but I just wanted to see what would happen if I installed a PZ30 on it.

From research online, it appears that a larger carburetor, will require larger jets.
My PZ27 configuration is 38 pilot, and 112 main.
The PZ30 came with OEM with a 38 pilot and a 108 main, which I swapped for a 42 pilot, and a 115 main. Just a modest jump up, which I'll change depending on how the bike responds.
I just want to see if it's possible to run the bike with a PZ30.

I hope I'll have the time to tune the bike this weekend, and that I have some results (whether good or bad) to share.

I do still have the PZ27, which I can swap back after all is said and done, unless if there's a way to make the PZ30 work better than the 27; much like how many Vader 125 users install a 24 carburetor instead of the 22mm that comes with it.

From the factory, my PZ30 had a float axle issue, where the axle just fell out.
I had to squeeze the steel float mounts for the axle to fit snugly in, so it won't fall out anymore. I presume more people might have similar problems, where the float doesn't work anymore, due to a loose axle.

Hopefully I'll have more results on Saturday or Sunday.