Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #1

Exclamation mystery of the Hawk "299cc)

quick question for anyone within eyeball distance of a dual purpose Hawk, 229cc. Look very closely at the engine id tag on right side case cover. do u see where a second tag has been placed over a first. you have to look closely! thanks in advance.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 01-08-2016, 02:20 PM   #2

Hawk 299

Yes I noticed it on mine.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #3

Hehe hawk

thanks chuck, i *think* what may have happened is that a batch got the wrong tag, and they placed a diff tag over the first wrong tag w the right info. some where they must have missed a batch as the 299 version only has one tag. in any event, guys who have ridden the 299 version tell me its definitely stronger and noticeably so, than the 229 bashans, soooooo, since i got offered one for about the same as the 229 hawks from the big dealers,, i bit the bullet and ordered one of the "299"'s :}
we shall see what we shall see, will let you all know when it shows up. btw, ordered the "fast" green one lol, so now gotta find some bogus KLR stickers lol
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 01-09-2016, 07:48 AM   #4

Thanks SeerAtlas,so you are saying that we have a Hawk with a 270cc engine?

Old 01-09-2016, 08:01 AM   #5

WTF mystery

will let you know when it arrives. looks like an error in the tag but maybe, empirical data impending lol

Old 01-09-2016, 10:13 AM   #6

Hmmmm. Interesting. I noticed the sticker on mine also.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #7

Mystery
Just scraped the 2nd tag and the 1st one is a 299cc tag.