Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2019, 05:31 AM   #1

Successful title experience in Illinois.

Cliff notes at bottom if you don't want to read my whole experience.

I own a TaoTao Rhino 250 and a Apollo DB-17. Purchased in March 2018 from Killermotorsports. I finally (March 29, 2019) went to my local DMV with both MCO's, Bill of Sale, and Proof of Insurance. Went up to the counter to what was probably the oldest man in the building, and a sour face to boot. I told him I was looking to title 2 vehicles and he began typing away at his computer and then abruptly stopped and got frustrated, stating "this vin number isn't in our system." I, as kingly as I possibly could not wanting to rial anyone up, explain to him that these were not your typical type of ATV and dirt bike, that they are built in china and are not very common. He walked out of view for a second and came back to me with 2 sets of forms (one set for each toy). They were the RUT-25 form and the Application For Vehicle Transaction form. He stated that because the vin's did not come up in his system, it had to be done "the old way" by filling out both forms. A few minutes later I was at the cashier window and then done. I think it helped that my very young daughter was with me because he kept commenting how bad he felt that she had to stand and wait so long with me. I also own the new owner of the new Apollo DB-36 Deluxe and I am simply waiting for the MCO so I can attempt not only a title, but registration application as well.

Summary: Successfully titled a Tao Rhino 250 and DB-17 in Joliet, Illinois but had to manually fill out 2 forms, as opposed to the employee doing it on his computer system, because the VIN numbers were not in their system. I had to pay 7% tax on both vehicles ($155 and $55) and then $30 for each title. The end.

Old 03-30-2019, 07:39 AM   #2

I don’t think you’re going to have a problem with the Apollo,I registered the Tao Tbr7 no problem in Illinois.Im about 30 miles east of Joliet.Maybe this summer we’ll meet up and give the bikes proper beatings.