Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2008, 11:38 PM   #1

Questions on some bikes.

There are a couple of bikes i would like to look into and not sure where to find a dealer for these bikes. Also would love to hear if anyone has had any experience with them or knows someone who has. The first one is the Zongshen 200-GY-2 Sierra. Great looking bike, was wondering how it runs. How reliable it is and where one could locate a dealer. The second bike is the New Lifan, the GY-6 model. I can only locate the GY-5s but I do hear good things about them. I would also love to hear what bikes everyone would suggest for my first china bike purchase, and why. Tell me what you have experienced with your bike and what makes it stand out above all others. Anyone who has registered a china bike in North Carolina, I would love to hear from you regarding your experience with that and what type of bike they let you register. Thanks to anyone who can help enlighten me.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:42 AM   #2

Hi handyhands

Stay away from Zongshen unless you want to wait 30-90 days for parts. One of my distributors Dropped Them because of their parts availability. I also had a now new customer in my place asking if I carried them, I said no. He purchased one from a place in Cuyahoga Falls, OH and waited three months for parts. They have very few parts here in The USA.

The Lifan GY-6 isn't new, it's been out for two years but the only place importing them is in Canada, currently.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-06-2008, 05:06 AM   #3

It looks pretty sweet from the picture I saw, the tank is a little larger, stronger frame, looks like a stronger swing arm, an I like the style better, just missing the rack.

In a couple weeks we're having a major bike show up here and there's going to be a gy 6 there so I am going to check it out and take some pictures.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #4

Good info

Thanks for the heads up on Zongshen. They have a good looking bike but thats not worth headache to get a little different style. I will keep that in mind on my quest for the right bike. Oh and the Lifan GY-6, my bad, I really thought it was just a newer model.. I really liked the styling compared to the GY-5. But I do hear good things about Lifan. Would still love to hear from others about their bikes and the Pros and Cons of whatever brand they ride.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Posted by: ejcycles
Stay away from Zongshen unless you want to wait 30-90 days for parts. One of my distributors Dropped Them because of their parts availability. I also had a now new customer in my place asking if I carried them, I said no. He purchased one from a place in Cuyahoga Falls, OH and waited three months for parts. They have very few parts here in The USA.
I've been waiting since September for parts for my QLink X-Ranger 200 that was built by Zongshen. Three different dealers have failed to get back with me about a new frame, engine seals and new spare cables. No calls back or anything. I agree 100% with Bruce on this. Stay far away from them. My bike is being parted out because of the lack of parts. I really like the bike, it's unfortunate. But what I'm I going to do with it if I can't buy parts. Without spare parts, it's a freakin' lawn ornament.

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II