Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Complete Machines
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #1

250 Gio X31 - I hate to do it, but it needs to go

2 weeks ago I had a small "crash" with it, on a sand trail, bike tipped and I flew a short distance. And broke my f'n hip...

Absolutely nothing wrong with the bike. I just cannot be riding it anymore, I cannot afford to ever get injured like this again. And if I keep it, I will be too tempted to ride it.

I bought it new last summer, put new Dunlop(? will double check) tires on it last fall, and a new chain. New SKF sealed bearings in front and rear wheels. Had the swingarm all apart last fall, regreased.

Just changed the oil with synthetic 15W40. I had purchased a 30mm Chikuni carb for it, but never bothered installing it as it ran so good with stock carb. I'll throw the carb in as well.

Aftermarket "unbreakable" clutch and brake levers. Also just installed a new shifter arm, with one of those ones that the toe piece folds in.

Was probably my second time out with it this year.

I am located in northern Alberta (Grande Prairie)
Because I am "laid up" I won't be able to crate this thing or anything to ship it, so it's gonna be pickup only. I will likely put it on Kijiji soon if someone here doesn't grab it.

Contact me at fostervs@telus.net

EDITED TO ADD: I will get a picture(s) of it, and post links here later today. For sh*t's n giggles, I will post a picture of it at the signs at Area 51 from last fall...

Old 05-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #2

I sent you an email.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #3

Oops, sorry. You can disregard the email. I would take it but I didn't realize Grande Prairie was that far away... I doubt my pa's old rattletrap Sonoma would make it that far. Should sell quick for you at that price, you have lots of upgrades on it.

Cheers,
Stew

Old 05-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #4

Old 05-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #5

Bike sold. Thanks to all who contacted me about it.