Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 03:08 AM   #1

My Ride a Kinlon KBR 200RT

So, what is more frustrating than completing your post adding the images and then ...Blink... it's all gone! . I cannot even remember what I wrote, yet here I am doing it all again.

Has got to be me, I cut out a chunk of my thumb while playing with some rubber carving and now I decide it is about time I stopped the blabber in the welcome post and showed why I am here. Obviously my bike

I think it is armed with the ubiquitous "Zongshen" engine of 200cc capacity with OHV and push rods like my BSA. As I may have mentioned, this is a 2014 build and sold in Australia as Kinlon. Some bike shops have looked at it and reckon it is over engineered in the front end, with big forks, brake rotor and tapered seat bearings in the head stem bearings. They make up for that by fitting crappy steel rims and skinny as F*#k.
I have the 21/18 combo but I wish I could get a 19" front wheel instead. Again the 17mm front axle seems over the top here as most are only 15mm.

I do not think my body can handle to much off road riding anymore. So, I like the idea of fitting 80/20 tyres and having the Super Retard look. My theory is it is not how fast you go, it is how much fun you have getting there and looking good while you're at it

I hope that I can put a couple of images on here for you to see what my blank canvas looked like, because I have, in between surgery and travel, been stripping it down, plastic welding and repairing, repainting and replacing trivial things to make it look more than half decent.

I want to be seen on the road and the colour I bought the bike in was not conducive to being visible from all angles. I hope now it is tasteful and visible.

You do not get to see that until it is all done though
So, here are some pre-restoration images and one of the engine, in case anyone recognizes it and I am wrong about its real identity!

Love to hear your thought on the brush painted blue and the plastic rust around the mounting holes
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kinlon 600x600.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	31986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kinlon2 600x600.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	31987   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kinlon3 800x800.jpg